1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA + Dunlop + N2 Endurance

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 22, 2020.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Woah that's awesome! Congrats!

2. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Normally i stay of these threads because of the backlash i always get.
    But seriously some racers here think if you can t win then why race endurance?
    Its clear that some have never raced endurance with Wera.
    When Wera would come down o TWS or Hallett the Texas riders would be right up front beating some fast teams doing the whole series.
    Racing endurance is a game of strategy and being prepared.
    Its not about who is the fastest.
    Ive won plenty of MW and HW endurance races with one fast rider and 3 steady riders.
    And to all those who say oh im getting passed well here is your chance to get practice and seeing how others go fast.
    The sponsorship for Endurance racing is HUGH these days and should make people see what an opportunity this is for endurance racing in this economy.
    If it was easy then everyone would be doing it!
    Its the challenge that makes it worth going endurance racing.
    And now racers have the chance to get back some of their money for the hard work to go endurance racing and thats
    a good thing.
    CMRA killed big bike endurance and now only race the little bikes.
    If people wanted to endurance race small bike they have plenty of mini racing organizations to do that with.
    Bike bike endurance racing is a blast and a real challenge that hard to get right at every race.
    Believe it or not but even the regular teams can beat the big teams in endurance racing.
    Me and many others have done it before and you too can still do it.
    So don't dismiss it so quickly
    Go try it and enjoy the challenge.

Steven

3. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Hey man, let’s team up next year and run the series.

Lance Molnar likes this.
  4. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

Please let me know when you set up another series....I'm in...appear to be a great incentivizer...

5. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

It's still racing...agreed not purist endurance racing, but still racing that could help keep the series going by providing the revenue required to make it doable...imo...maybe even enough that you wouldn't have to can the 2 hour ULW race at Barber to cover track costs :D:Poke:

6. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Totally get what you’re saying and I do agree. We did our first one in Sept at Pitt and were planning on doing again next year. But would like to think we could have some sort of even distant shot at a podium.

And when Gillim came by me at S/F I tried to follow him through T1-2. TRIED. Totally blew my line and effed up my drive to 3. Never saw him again... until he came by again a bunch later in the esses and lit up his rear tire between 7-8. Gone from sight by T11. But I tried to keep up!

VFR#52 likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doubtful but we keep looking at it.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So why wouldn't you go have that fun again? Is the trophy the only reason to go racing?

JJJerry, CHUCKTOWN26 and VFR#52 like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thought about that a ton over the years and never have come up with a good line in the sand.

VFR#52 likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Totally agree and that was my initial input to Rob yesterday about what would be best to bring out and help out more teams.

VFR#52, BigBird and ekraft84 like this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and for the chicks.

JBall, VFR#52 and BigBird like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Totally agree it is racing - it is just not endurance racing and having people not racing endurance out there being involved in on track stuff with those actually racing endurance isn't something I want to do to those actually racing endurance.

Canning the 2 hour is about giving the guys paying ALL the WERA bills track time for the biggest race of the year. They deserve that.

Rising Sun, VFR#52 and BigBird like this.
  13. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

[​IMG]

VFR#52 likes this.
  14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I’m in. I’ve got 4 riders and we’ll be riding a Dunlop shod R6 in middleweight and hit every round depending on no interference with MotoAmerica’s schedule.

Who else is in.

badmoon692008, evakat, VFR#52 and 3 others like this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't get it. Why would you not try and do one or all the rounds? Get 2 or 3 racer buddies, a couple pit buddies, one of your race bikes, some tires and go for it. Win, finish dead last or who cares, endurance racing is a freakin' blast. And it's cheap for the amount of track time you get.

Plus chicks dig it!

16. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Glad to see all of the suggestions.
    Rob C. and I started discussions yesterday regarding a “stock class” for lack of a better term.

Initial thinking would also make that class only eligible for “club racers.” As this thread demonstrates that’s a debatable definition.

We are kicking around ideas now to define what a “stock class” and “club racer” will be.

Please keep the suggestions coming.

Keep in mind more rules mean they have to be enforced so we can come up with a bunch of ideas but as Mongo has stated lots of this stuff has already been tried and yet here we are. Lol

Also just like now if we start to get huge grids any additional money that we take in from registration fees or additional sponsorship money that doesn’t pay bills will go back into the purse!

Along those lines there seems to be a real push for this stock class. If anyone wants to sponsor this class or any other reach out to me, Rob C., Scott Rosey or Chip.

Thanks to everyone who comes out and supports WERA and N2.

Ride safe,
    AAron

VFR#52, BigBird, Chip and 3 others like this.
  17. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

No but I’d like to go into it thinking I’ve got SOME sort of a fighting chance.

I like playing golf but I’m not gonna play a Captain&Crew tournament against Tiger, Phil, Rory and Weir.

SuddenBraking and tdelegram like this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

so does stock mean Brembo master cylinders...asking for a friend :Poke:

19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

The fact that you put Mike Weir in that foursome gives away where you're from :D

20. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

What would the stock class be? no quick change or quick fill?
    As far as the club racer goes, something along the lines of no top 15 finishes in motoamerica in the last 5 years would cover a lot of ground