1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Al Franken...?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sharkattack, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I agree with that completely. To my way of thinking if a person has a mental outlook as warped as Franken's then they do not need to be involved in making any decisions about running the country in the first place. And you're right, he wasn't even a decent comedian.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Beard

Mot Okstef likes this.
  3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Now that the D's have finally decided to throw the Clintons under the bus, it's safe to start admitting what sleazes they really were....after all, how much harm can they actually do? Better to try to regain the "high ground" 'cause it's easier to sling mud from there. After all, this is just about creating a side show so the sheep don't pay attention to the real thievery that's going on in DC.

4. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Just heard about this on a late night show last night. My first thought was "Holy shit! Is that the same Leeann Tweeden slut that Ben Bostrom used to date and dumped like a hot potato?"

If you flaunt your shit and put it out there to make all men horny, then don't be surprised when they reach out to grab a handful. :rolleyes:

V5 Racer likes this.
  5. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

So because she looks nice it was ok for him grab her neck, hold her from getting away, and shove his tongue in her mouth? Weird...I always thought that was not ok.

SnacktimeKC and pickled egg like this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If you looked nice, you could find out for yourself. :crackup:

Mot Okstef likes this.
  7. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

something about lipstick on a pig...

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

I was (un)fortunate enough to make close to 17 rounds over this two year period. Its somewhat of a blur all these years later but between her and Gobert it was an awesome side show. LOL If only cell phones with vid cam existed back then. :crackup:

V5 Racer and Mot Okstef like this.
  9. condon66

condon66 Member well known

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Liberal hypocrisy at its best.

"Cynics on both the right and left will presume I am passing by this particular steam tray on 2017’s smorgasbord of feminist outrage because Franken is a Democrat, and so am I. (I was even his proud constituent for two years.)"

First deny you are defending him because you are both democrats.......
    Then spend the remainder defending him because he's a democrat. Too much.

Liberalism is a mental disease.

I'm shocked she's a feminist.
    KateHarding-400x400.jpg

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    ToofPic and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  11. condon66

What a frumpy looking hag

ToofPic and Mot Okstef like this.
  12. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

They ALWAYS are

13. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I thought Philip Seymour Hoffman died? I guess he had an operation and bought wig?

t500racer, Mot Okstef and condon66 like this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

So are these feminist types mad at men because men never hit on them.

15. condon66

:eek: :crackup:

16. condon66

No, they're mad because of the type of men that hit on them. Gross attracts gross.

G 97 likes this.
  17. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

I don't get the logic. She wants him to stay in office to prevent the legislative branch from becoming overwhelmed with lawmakers "who regard women chiefly as sex objects".

What? o_O

I also liked this snippet: "appoint a senator who has not (as far as we know) harmed women"
    The fact that she had felt obligated to add in that bit in parenthesis seems telling to how she thinks of lawmakers or men in general.
    ...Also interesting to me that she did not say "a senator who has not harmed anyone" but rather gone for the male aggressor point specifically.

The other point I have to cringe on is "After all that, I would like to see him support a qualified progressive woman, who will carry on that important work, to run for his seat."
    It's always interesting how transparent politics is and how normal such shallow behavior is.
    Franken should promote someone that he honestly feels is his best replacement, regardless of gender, not because it would look better as penance for him physically abusing his power. So this author would prefer he shallowly back a qualified progressive woman... as opposed to any qualified progressive candidate... simply because he acted aggressively and inappropriately towards women? Would he have done that specifically had he not been busted? No? Then why do it?

Would a qualified progressive woman really want to be linked to a Franken promotion anyways? I would have figured a more legit reaction for a female candidate (and surely the safest political bet) would just be to stay far away.

I'm just really not sure this piece really promotes anything positive at all. I tried reading it with an open mind but it really just seems like hogwash IMO.
    Defending someone who regarded a woman as a sex object, specifically to protect womens rights in the legislative branch, seems... kinda... dumb.

18. condon66

Basically she's saying vote for and keep a Dem in any office position, regardless of what a piece of shit the person may be, only because he or she is not a Republican. Because he/she is a Dem we should look past any wrong doing.

cav115 and Lazy Destroyer like this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, don't give a shit what any of those idiots are saying :D

Steeltoe likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator