1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weed

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Oct 10, 2018.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I went to a dispensary in San Diego. Just out of curiousity... and god dammit if I wasnt mad because I was transitioning to a new job that does testing. :(
    It wasnt expensive at all... plus the folks working there knew the products well enough that it was almost reassuring!
    I bet if someone wanted to risk mailing a bunch of edibles... they could make a nice race budget!

gixxerreese and SnacktimeKC like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Simple - federal border and federal law. Doesn't matter a bit what the states say.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, nope. Still illegal for all of them.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Those are powers reserved to the national government - they are not a comprehensive of all the power held by or taken by the national government :D

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They still do it I believe, all over Europe too. What I'm curious about is if they have done anything to help cut down on the number of addicts.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Deaths from OD's decrease the number of users. Works for me.

I get not wanting dead people in your yard. But the reality is the government should not be in the position of helping people use illegal drugs. You want to legalize then it'd be different. If private idiots want to help them that's their problem.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Heroin has therapeutic uses too - hence oxy. Or hell, hence heroin, it was a legal drug at one point.

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Eventually, you'll be right. I guess some of you may be old enough to remember how society looked at drugs 40 or 50 years ago, and how those feelings compare to today's feelings about them. I can remember when there was a hell of a lot of ignorance attached to drugs because even the medical community didn't know jack about it. The Government took the advice of some of those "researcher's" ideas and ran with them to go on to produce some really ignorant programs against MJ. The old ad with a picture of a frying egg in a skillet and the overprint stating "This is you brain on drugs" was very effective in the early days. Of course they didn't state "which drugs" they were talking about. Many of us older folks still believe those ads even though actual science has proven that some drugs are not as bad as smoking and excessive alcohol. Meanwhile, the booze and tobacco industries became really, really powerful so the battle was on. Personally, I think that people that feel that they have to be wasted to have a good time are ignorant to begin with so there's that. I've been there and tried that without dying so I guess experience is the ultimate teacher. :p

9. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

I no longer use/smoke weed and quitting was no problem at all so its not addictive IMO havnt used it in many years but I did find it to be a performance enhancer in many ways. Gobert and others are perfect examples of this. also found it to be a performance decrease'r in many other ways so in order to balance over all performance, I chose to stop using it.

10. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

So exactly as I mentioned in my post - Federal jurisdiction so Federal laws? :)

11. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

That's interesting. Thanks.
    I have always felt that my uncle was addicted in a way, but realized that in his case, that he was addicted to running away from the realities in his life.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

13. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Who exactly do you think is in prison for weed personal use?

There are so many fallacies out there regarding casual weed users and "prison".
    Even if the Fed and/or all 50 States legalize it, I'm quite certain high volume smugglers/dealers will STILL go to prison. I can't see the Fed changing their position until the equivalent of the breathalyzer is finally released....not to far off from my understanding.

15. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Not addictive for you doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not addictive for everyone. I’ve seen potheads that can’t stop using even when they know it’s making them stupid. Whether it’s a physiological condition or psychological, or both, I don’t know. It’s probably better than alcohol, but saying it doesn’t have any harmful effects is a load of shit.

I don’t get what you’re saying about Gobert. He was fast in spite of his substance abuse because he had gobs of natural talent. I think he proves the point that drugs are bad mmmm’kay. He was a Casey Stoner/Marc Marquez level talent. They became legends and rich, he became a homeless drug addict on the beach.

16. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Better than aspirin :D

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Not many casual users, but probably lots of dealers and mules who's "crime" wouldn't really exist if there were legal avenues to procure the stuff. There's also certainly people caught with just enough to get distribution charges and victims of "three strikes" and "prior and persistent" laws. You're also going to have a lot of people who broke probation and parole by pissing hot.

19. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Don't forget anyone who dared grow their own personal stash or anyone living in a state where each piece of paraphernalia is it's own individual felony. There aren't shitloads of pot smokers in jail (in most states) but that definitely doesn't mean there are none or that they are statically insignificant.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, until you have the actual number they could easily be statistically insignificant. I am however sure there are some in jail for small amounts or personal use level stuff.