1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weed

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Oct 10, 2018.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What do you think? Will it ever become legal at the federal level. As of now, it's legal for at least medicinal purposes in 31 of 50 states, and will probably be in more after Nov 8th.

http://www.komu.com/news/marijuana-backers-look-for-midwest-breakthrough-in-november

I'm not much into drugs (drinking and smoking included) but I cannot for the life of me see a logical reason for this stuff to be illegal.

One question, what happens to somebody in jail for it when it becomes legal? Do their sentences get commuted?

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Should have been legal decades ago.

Nope...they were arrested when it was illegal and they knew it was illegal.

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I have always wondered what that means when it is brought up. I can't imagine anyone actually serving a sentence for a simple possession or personal use arrest. I presume anyone doing actual time has either been distributing or violated probation with a drug offense. I can almost feel bad for a probation violation by an otherwise good person, but they knew the scrutiny they're under.

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I would imagine "booze" benefits from weed still being "illegal".
    Then you have areas that have limited licenses for alcohol.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Lots of non-violent drug offenders have some MAJOR sentences. Between WOD and "three strikes, you're out" there are people plenty of people who'll never see freedom again for some pretty petty stuff.

JBraun likes this.
  6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

True. And look at that industry for proof (very scary for some) of how the balance of power could possibly shift. In the 20's, everyone in the liquor industry was a criminal. Now they're major players in the economy/culture. I'm too lazy to research it, but I've heard several times in the past that the Kennedy fortune and power came from bootlegging. Are our future leaders currently drug dealers? :D

TurboBlew likes this.
  7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

It's legal on my property. I deemed it so.

8. Chino52405

Alcohol and pharma both spend millions lobbying against legalization wherever they can.

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

This is true.

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

To easy to make your own just like booze.

11. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

I think it will eventually be legalized for adult use. It's a buzz with zero calories..and zero carbs and now with vape technology the smell is gone and the second hand smoke is gone. Old schoolers will never accept it however.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

There is SOOOO much misinformation out there about it. Nancy Reagan was a lying bitch! :D

cpettit likes this.
  13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I would far rather someone smoke a joint than stumble around sucking on a douchewhistle. While there is less smell alot of vapers seem to hit a whole other dimension of annoying with their little puffytoys.

sheepofblue likes this.
  14. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Count me as an old schooler then....Why do we need just another way to zone out? Am I terribly upset by it? No. I would be happy if you got a speeding type ticket for it, however. Something to discourage its use.

15. Chino52405

Personal use is one thing and many places effectively have decriminalized usage to minor offenses. The problem is supply chain. Growing your own can cost you your house for just a couple plants. Purchasing elsewhere requires criminal distribution.

sheepofblue likes this.
  16. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

the legality of it is completely irrelevant outside those ten square miles of D.C. and the 'State of' that district. very convincing mental states, United ones (w/capitalized 'U' AKA a shared delusion)

it is completely lawful by the highest Law (lol) Natural Law else it would not exist.

the 'logical' reasoning of it being illegal has to do with the bankruptcy and sin (debt)

and very colorful laws

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Smell is still there with vape.

18. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Who are you to tell people what they can and can't do? Big fan of more govt in our lives?

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why not? Where do we stop telling people what to do with their time, money, and body? Do you like cheeseburgers? They aren't good for you and they ultimately make my insurance bill higher. Would you be cool with getting a speeding type ticket if the diet police caught you eating one?

kangasj likes this.
  20. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Legalize it all, the drug war is been the biggest waste of money in American history. As I’ve said before, put me in any city USA and I’ll find any drug I want within a matter of hours. Specially in them fancy all white subdivisions with the big houses, that’s where the good stuff is!

What’s funny, Missouri has three different marijuana initiatives on the ballot this November, it’s pretty confusing for most.