1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weed

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Oct 10, 2018.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Legalize it, tax the shit out of it and then lower the property taxes. Let the pot smokers make up the difference in the tax burden.

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

well maybe the edibles...

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

This brings up an interesting point about “other” drugs. If they were available legally from reputable sources, quality control would be significantly better. Not that I’m advocating heroin use, but most of the OD’s come from poor dosing. There’s no way to know how strong the stuff is so you could do 10cc’s (I have no idea what’s normal) every other day for years, then do the same amount of some that’s been laced with fentanyl and be dead in a few minutes.

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I just burned one. Lol

Banditracer and cpettit like this.
  5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That is the very basis that changes it. Entire states can push back in a way an individual can't. If those states that have legalized it have indeed seen an improvement in their tax revenue from it's legal sale you can bet your ass they aren't backing away from the money. Things will get interesting.

sheepofblue likes this.
  6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Shit ain't even legal here. Fuck em. Lol.

Had a beer too.

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's been proven through prohibition and the W.O.D. that you aren't going to stop those that want to do it from doing it. Putting them at greater risk because you don't necessarily agree with their drug use doesn't help anyone. I think it would be a healthier approach to their destructive behavior.

Gorilla George and Banditracer like this.
  8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

You know...if people can describe our bikes as donor cycles, etc in all seriousness....then I can have a give a sh*t concern when a junkie OD's......I'm sure it affects many families in a very negative way but it's just a slow form of suicide in my opinion. Making heroin "safe" seems like an unwise decision unless we're willing to lock them up on Manhattan island and burn down the bridges..........

OK...just stirring the pot (that's a pun, son) after the heat I took over my MJ comments. :Poke:

9. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

Read an article some senator said he was going to with trump after election push through cannabis reform make medical legal at federal then release recreational to the states. Basically decriminalizing it.

10. gixxerreese

I always say in a free society you cannot make a law that will prevent someone from doing something you can only make a law that punishes them after they done it.

11. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I know Vancouver started a program years ago that was aimed at getting junkies off the streets (bad for tourism). The deal was a clinic that provided clean needles and a place to shoot up. There was also a clinic and counselors upstairs to treat any overdoses or aid anyone seeking help getting clean. I recall hearing that it was a pretty big success in cleaning up the streets of used needles and treating overdoses.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

:blart:

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Did they reduce usage?

sheepofblue likes this.
  14. gixxerreese

Probably not just got it out of the eyes of the public.

15. In Your Corner

16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Users will use...that's not the point. Rather, what impact does their use have on the rest of society and how can we minimize both the cost and unsavoriness of drug addiction? I'm all for letting people suffer the consequences of their choices, but its a burden to me if you OD in front of my house where my kid can see it and police and an ambulance need to roll.

17. In Your Corner

Much tidier to hide the poor bastards away while they're using.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

19. In Your Corner

Most of the heroin ODs around here are due to it being cut with other substances.

20. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Timing is everything... in a 180 degree turnaround, this was announced today....

https://globalnews.ca/news/4536509/u-s-wont-ban-canadian-pot-workers/