1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weed

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Oct 10, 2018.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It’s the only way to sell it though.

On a related note, I wonder how much quiet maneuvering companies like Phillip Morris and RJR have been doing to make sure they’re positioned properly if/when it ever becomes legal. I read something not long ago about coke investing in something related.

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

No. I agree. All that will take some time.

The debate itself generally means change is coming. I just hope the foundations of that change come sooner than later. Motofun352 mentioned he grew up in the 60s. I think there’s value in having the voices of experience from another period of significant social change to our way of life in the discussion. They’ve seen that cycle of change 50 years ago and the impacts it had to our lives now.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It's also a way to make sure the illegal drug trade doesn't go away.
    They'll just become bootleggers (see NY cigarette tax and attendant problems).
    The illegal drug trade is what creates most of the problems.

Metalhead likes this.
  4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I know nothing about quality buds man.....
    But, if I were a user, and the store stuff was taxed to hell and back, I'd for sure grow my own.

Well, wait a minute. Ciggies are taxed to hell and hardly anybody grows to-baccker, so never mind.

Hell, it IS a gold mine!!!
    Release the doobies!!! We need new roads, new bridges, new shovels that are ready, and of course free collage!
    How could I have been so blind. Thank you beeb.

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Warning: they will tell you the money will go to schools, roads, etc.

It wont.

Dont get me wrong, Colorado has done well with legalization. However, the money never seems to go where it needs to.

Now they want to cut off energy production in 85% of the state. It will decimate the economy here.

6. Fonda Dix

There is virtually zero cannabis black market here, at least for adults. Legalization with fair pricing killed it. If taxes go up that market will emerge again.

However, still going strong on scripts, cocaine, meth, etc.

On a sidenote: people keep breaking into dispensaries here at night not realizing that the law requires the cannabis be removed at the close of every day. :)

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Where does it go?

8. Fonda Dix

You know, upon further review of the data, the schools have gotten quite a bit. However, that money is not showing in closing achievement gaps or my lessening my difficulty funding projects. I have seen a strong uptick in construction of new facilities, renovation, and modernization but curriculum spending is very flat.

[​IMG]

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The devil can be in the details...sometimes the new revenue allows them do do something else with the old. And, all of a sudden, they determine that the buildings and learning environment are far more important than what is taught.

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Actually it is not. If the Feds decided to enforce the law they could swoop into Colorado for instance. Likely confiscate all assets used, buildings, equipment, land, etc. Imprison the sellers in the Federal Pen (ironically Colorado has a few nice ones in Canon City). The fact that this is not happening does not change the law one bit. Federal law over state law otherwise the abomination of Jim Crow laws might still exist (probably not as the Democrats no longer control the south :Poke:)

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Exclusive Powers of the National Government
    Under the Constitution, powers reserved to the national government include:

• Print money (bills and coins)
    • Declare war
    • Establish an army and navy
    • Enter into treaties with foreign governments
    • Regulate commerce between states and international trade
    • Establish post offices and issue postage
    • Make laws necessary to enforce the Constitution
    Which one gives them the power to make pot illegal? You can point to the commerce clause but that only applies to sales across state lines and not within the confines of the state. So fine..you can't sell pot outside of the state in which it has been deemed legal. I suspect that's why you aren't seeing much push back by the feds on states making it legal.

BigBird and cpettit like this.
  12. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I've not been in a shop in any legal states, but the prices I've seen and heard are very competitive or even slightly less expensive depending on where you live. That said, I'd still pay a premium to walk to store and buy it the same as I do wine for the lady. Major bonus if some of my money goes to schools or other community projects --- Pot for Potholes! --- that could work up here in the midwest.

13. Venom51

Run the adds right after the Domino's pizza adds about potholes ruining your pizza and I bet you have a winner. :D

14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Its more expensive in stores than on the street by about 25%. The variety in the store along with other products (edibles, concentrate/vape products, topicals ect) are what you will never get on the streets.

15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Oh, you'd be surprised:cool:

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

When I retire, I'm gonna catch a buzz and ride Space Mountain.

Raceless man and rd400racer like this.
  17. sheepofblue

I agree they have gone beyond what they should do but that will not help you when the DEA kicks your door in.

Ian178 likes this.
  18. Venom51

When they start kicking in doors in states that have made it legal let me know. I will want to watch the states response to the intrusion.

19. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract_Clause

"the obligation of contracts"

ask yourselves, how am I obligated? thats what all this fed BS comes right down to but that whole clause should tell you everything (with some research into it.)

20. sheepofblue

IF they do that it will work out as well as it did for a peckerhead from Montgomery. I don't see them doing it but it does not change the fact that the basis to do so has not changed because a state said it could.