1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

****Warning Graphic**** How Do You Explain This ?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by tlr1000peke, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

I think Mongo's point is correct that spreading these sort of photos around does help further the terrorists cause. The man is beheaded and you know you can immediately go onto the internet and look.

Logically the next stage will be when they attempt some type of real time connection to whatever terrorist event, suicide bombing, hostage cam etc. It's already more than proprganda. People must resist or I agree censorship is the correct action.

Btw to help with your threadjack, modern vs. medieval reminded me of this article "Jihad vs. McWorld"

2. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

I'm don't like pete's post's and I'm not defending pete at all, but why is it ok to show the prison photo's but not the photo's of American's slautered by real terrorist's, not made up ones in the media?

3. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Context. Those photos weren't put on the net by the interrogators to spread fear amongst Iraqis.

4. 600inline4

600inline4 Mentally unstable

Extremists

i went to Google.com, but after typing in "Extremist Muslims", it didn't give me any names and addresses...

and i was sitting here with my loaded gun, looking to go out and waste some of them BASTARDS, too....:mad: damnit.........

tlr100peke,
    you're not alone with hating, despising or wanting to harm these scum bags, but they don't exactly wear tee-shirts that say, "I'm Al Queda, kill me".......do they?

i picture you jumping up and down, waving an American flag in one hand and a loaded gun in the other, just begging to kill someone in the name of "America". settle down Bevis....

YOU'RE scarier to me than the terrorists......:D

Paul Johnson didn't deserve what he got, but look at the facts: He volenteered to go there, to work and be paid, BIG MONEY, for Lockheed-Martin. i'm not saying, under any terms what so ever, that they were justified in killing him, I'm saying that he went to work there, willingly, in a war-torn country where Americans are targets. should we be surprised this has happened? will it happen again? probably.......... sad, but true.

i find it hard to believe that our government has to TELL
    Americans to GET OUT of Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran or anywhere in the middle east, right now.........:eek:

if you put yourself in harm's way, harmful things may happen.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2004
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't "hate" tlr1000peke in the least. He just makes me nervous. Hell, I might even agree with some of what he says but dude, his posts are making him come across (to me) as someone who wraps themself in a flag and shoots blanks at his tv whenever cops is on.

Don't bombard me with ultra ring wing crap (much the same as don't force feed me left wing drivel) and we'll get along fine. Do it and I'll come back at you.

I'm a pretty right of center hawk and beleive more in the stick then the carrot but to attack a people for what a few do is nothing more then what the extremist over "there" are doing.

6. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Re: Extremists

While I agree with you to some extent, I wouldn't characterize Saudi Arabia as a "worn-torn country". Johnson worked for an American company that provided support for targeting systems the Saudi Apache helicopters, and he had been there since just after the first Gulf war. He was doing what he was trained to do, albeit in a foreign country.

Everyone needs to wake up to the fact that this could just have easily have occured in Orlando, FL, which is where Lockheed's targeting systems group for the Apache is located. Terrorists will stop at nothing to further their goals, if 9-11 didn't teach us this then nothing will. We are safe neither in Saudia Arabia nor at home as long as we allow these people to breathe.

7. 600inline4

Re: Re: Extremists

ok....you're right. Saudi Arabia isn't "war torn", but it's a hell of a lot closer to Al Quedesville, than Orlando.....

(or so i'd like to think...............):D

8. Knarf Legna

Re: Re: Re: Extremists

I was watching a show last night that documented attempts by al Queda to negotiate arms deals and acquisition of "sweet water" through a Arab doctor in NJ and his brother, who runs a convenience store in NJ. They filmed meetings with known terrorist supporters where they were trying to move shoulder fired weapons and heavy water for making dirty bombs to Pakistan. We'd all like to think that the bad guys are not in the US, but intelligence indicates otherwise.

9. 600inline4

Re: Re: Re: Re: Extremists

you're not helping me with my Stereotyping illness.........:D

so....what you're saying is.......they don't all have red lights on their chests, like Ultraman...???? How will i know who supports Al Queda and who doesn't?

might want to share that tid-bit of info with tlr1000peke...................:Poke:

this is a f*cked up war, like no other this country has ever seen.

10. Knarf Legna

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Extremists

No, they don't. ;) This doctor was apparently fairly well respected with a well established practice. Of course, he and his brother denied any involvement even though they were captured on video. :rolleyes:

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Extremists

That's exactly what got me into a bunch of arguments here last year. The big show they put on in airports will do nothing to prevent the next attack. For starters, it won't be an airplane flying into a building. Secondly, there is a good chance it will be somebody already on US soil. Get those all federal (and state) bums to work together.

1) INS should actively keep track of whether foreigners leave when their visas expire. As in, when a visa expires, a red light is blinking on a computer somewhere.

2) When a visa is expired before the person's exit, investigate. At the very least, mail and a phone call. Not even that was done.

3) Make the FBI (and last-known state of residence) a part of the investigation. By all accounts, the INS did not have enough people to commit to that job. Not to mention that the redundancy would not hurt.

I am not even talking about an active manhunt here. But someone in the US illegally could commit to traffic violation, get pulled over, go to court and fight the ticket, and resume their illegal stay in the US. (Unless things have changed drastically and all those agencies are now electronically linked.) It's obviously not going to catch everyone, far from it. But it's one thing they could do. It's their job, not mine to figure out the others.:)

It certainly is a very expensive proposition, as it would be very difficult to track somebody's whereabouts in the US once they enter other than when they renew/trade in a driver's license for instance. But fighting unwinable wars overseas against enemies that cannot be identified (because they are not states) also seems to be rather expensive.

Just a random thought from the one-man homeland security commission. I will now send my report to the White House.:)

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh shit, I hadn't realized what thread I was contributing to. Please nobody say something that makes me want to respond. I am begging you. I am so weak. We can't dignify the dude's garbage with more responses.:D

13. Knarf Legna

Papa, continuing to post intelligently in this thread in no way supports the jackass who started it, so don't feel bad. ;)

You know from working for large corporations how much bureaucracy is involved in getting change enacted. Governments are tens times worse. That said, the public security measures like airport security, etc., are just the tip of the ice berg, and they are in place for reasons other than just security, i.e., public perception. There is a lot more that goes on behind the scenes, real work that has real potential to avert disaster. That work doesn't make the reports on CNN or the local news, but it doesn't mean that it is not happening.

14. 600inline4

terrorism

Government=Reactive.....not Proactive.

in most cases, i honestly believe they think along the lines of: Reactive is cheaper than Proactive........

"If we spend that money on something that might never happen.....than it was wasted....... but if it happens, and we clean it up, than it was all worth it................."

i sure hope the battle on Terrorism doesn't turn out like the battle on Drugs.......... Christ, we'll all be wearing f*ckin blankets on our heads, smokin Juan.........

15. Knarf Legna

Re: terrorism

Maybe an oversimplification, but largely true. Our open society is the perfect breeding ground for this type of scum, and leaves us vulnerable. Our government must balance our freedom with security, and that's not an easy task. I don't believe for a second that the current administration does not have the best interest of the citizens of this country in mind. And I refuse to believe that cost is a major factor in any decision that could mean the lives of those citizens are at risk.

16. 600inline4

Re: Re: terrorism

i wouldn't bet a cheese-f*ckin-sandwich on that.................:D

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yup, my opinion from Day 1. I used to spend a lot of time behind the scenes at airports (wouldn't be surprised if I inspected 30+) at the time.

18. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Extremists

I have to agree with you here, interesting that none of what you suggest would pass in the PC climate (otherwise known as pure stupidity) that we endure here... Beside it all makes WAY to much sense.

Some of the idiots that handcuffed our protective agencies are still active participants in the “investigation” of what took place, they are mush brained politico’s that could not string together anything but popcorn kernels for their “festive celebration tree” let alone a logical system for any part of our governments operation.

(please don't faint at the fact I agree with you nor should your waterboy consider this an incident of my stalking you) ;)

19. Re: Re: terrorism

You haven't done much work with the Feds, have you? :D

BTW, it doesn't even really matter all that much what the Administration wants. The Fed govt is run by career bureaucrats, and they are pretty much impervious to anything an Administration can do.

20. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

They were spread all over the press, by liberals who want to undermine the war effort. The other photo's remind you of WHY we are fighting terrorists, it shows that these people are ruthless and inhumane killers, who must be stopped, which for some reason, liberals seem to forget about that.