1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

****Warning Graphic**** How Do You Explain This ?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by tlr1000peke, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

The conservative press also published the prison abuse photos because they were news. Photos (that I assume are) of someone's cut-off head are propaganda, put online by the terrorists for their shock value. It's working.

2. tcasby

tcasby Banned

Re: mongo and the winers !

This is like Dan without the fun. :Puke:

3. jwb

jwb but... I AM NAPOLEAN!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Extremists

is he at you window again papa?

do you want me to moon him or something?

jokes yamahafanguy, just jokes

;)

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think I damn near fainted.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What he said - that is my only issue with the whole thing. I don't see any reason to allow WERA's bandwidth to be used to create further division in the world because pix like that just get peeps like peke all fired up at anything and everything middle eastern which is NOT the way to fix this problem.

I have no problem with a violent end for the murderers, then again I like the whole death penalty for anyone who can never get out of prison. I carry a gun and have no qualms at the thought of using it. I cheered when the news came out the Saudis blew the main guys shit up.

But I will not help the murderers spread their terror in even the smallest way.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If I had noticed the others when they were posted I'd have yanked them too - especially if they were couched in a bunch of anti-US rhetoric. You're right that they both promote an agenda, however I'll be honest that I'm more concerned with the respect that should be granted a kidnapped innocent civilian than with the respect I should give Iraqi prisoners. A large part of that is of course based on the assumption the Iraqis were bad or they wouldn't be in prison in the first part as erronious as that assumption may be.

7. tlr1000peke

tlr1000peke True Maverick

Mongo

Mongo,I respect your last two posts, very much! I am fired up, you are right ! I have family and friends over in the middle east,some in the military and some are contractors and I wish them a safe return! They are helping people over there,of course that never makes the news! I wish everybody was fired up in their own way, about what is happening in world ! I posted those pics, so people will remember what evil is ! It just seems like too many people don't care !

8. halowords

halowords Well-Known Member

Re: Mongo

A lot of us are fired up, but not all of us need or want to see things like the pics to be upset with how things are over there. We're just expressing ourselves differently.

I can respect you're furious about the situation over in the middle east, particularly if you know people over there. However, it's a lot easier to relate to you when you explain yourself a bit so we know where you stand. Hopefully a lot of guys are upset about Johnson being beheaded; based on the number of posts about Nicholas Berg I can only assume that to be the case. It's probably safe to assume that it made them just as upset, no more no less, but there's not really much any of us can say, much less do, that wasn't addressed in the Berg thread.

All I would ask is that if you want to express yourself by bringing up explicit material, or even a really long story/article, just link to it, or give us a few keywords. If we want to see it, we'll find it.

I hope all of your friends a/o family over there make it back safely.

-Cheers