1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

War Quotes

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ICE 301, Mar 31, 2003.

1. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace--but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

-Patrick Henry

2. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

I like this one too:

"When I take action I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."

-George W. Bush

3. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

You are welcome to that opinion. But you must also consider that everyone's Dad did not tell them the same thing. Your opinions are just that - opinions.

My opinion is that killing is wrong, unconditionally. You might not understand how a person could think that way and you might not agree with the notion of non-violence but you cannot deny a person the right to their opinion.

4. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

So long as there are men there will be wars
    --Albert Einstein

5. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

That is taken out of context. Einstein was lamenting the fact, not condoning it.

6. Mongrel

Mongrel Hell Hath No Fury

7. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

RSDad, I'm on your side. You're right, it's all opinions. I respect you tremendously for the way you stick to your beliefs.

See Ya,

Darrin Talbott

8. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yeah well, his beliefs are no more valid than the easter bunny, or tooth fairy. back to reality...........

9. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Right on. I don't have some secret hold on "the truth". I only have my life and my beliefs. Same as you. I'm glad that we can disagree without letting anger and hatred enter in to the discussion and causing us to demonize eachother. :beer:

10. dtalbott

That's why I like discussing things with you. You don't curse or call names (like, um, Brad), nor do you run away like edub. Your posts are clear and consise.

And Brad
    "yeah well, his beliefs are no more valid than the easter bunny, or tooth fairy. back to reality..........."

His beliefs are at least as valid as yours, or mine, or anyone's.

See Ya,

Darrin Talbott

11. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yeah? well his beliefs anywhere else but america would get his ass kicked. it is stupid, and delusional to think that someday all men will hug, and not fight/kill each other. but i digress, i believed in the easter bunny when my dad pumped it into my silly delusional, naive head. ;)

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

"How 'bout I punch you in the eye b@tch?"

Dave K outside the Nightcap in Poughkeepsie talking to the bouncer who is trying to throw Dave K out, thus declaring War on Evil Dave K.

13. dtalbott

But your beliefs and attitude would get you the same thing. Isn't America a great place?

See Ya,

Darrin Talbott

14. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

"B!tch!" Where's my money?!?"
    - some pimp

15. Mongrel

If only it were that simple. I can take and expect folks to have different views from mine own. It is the fact that you wear your hypocrisy like a badge of honor that disgusts me.

16. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

An emprty and feeble attempt at eloquence. I only hope we can continue to disgust you and ruin your day :D

17. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Remember the Alamo! - John Wayne

David

18. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

"Gotta light?" -- John Wayne, Steve McQueen, and the Marlboro Man :D

19. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Well, whatever. I know that it is hard for you to believe but from my vantage point, the posibility still exists that you are wrong about me. It is clear that you and I are light years apart on this issue, and your posts about me and my views make it clear that you are repulsed by my presence and posts. I can't imagine wanting to carry around this much anger for another person. Rather than be this disgusted and angry, why don't you just add me to your ignore list? Why bother even reading posts from me? I think that would solve the problem for both of us.

20. Mongrel

Angry? Far from it. What, can't understand how someone can find you so morally reprehensible? You got some ego there bucko. I am simply stating my opinion, like you have said were all entitled to it, except in my case I willing to fight and kill to protect that right.