1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

War Quotes

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ICE 301, Mar 31, 2003.

1. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

Since you explained it a little more, now I have a better idea and am not so opposed to your view.
    The "Jesus" comment was just me being pissy, sorry.
    Not pointing a finger at you, but I get upset when we view other cultures through American lenses. I think we have the best thing going, but much of our Americanized stuff just won't work elsewhere. I cringe when I think that many Americans feel justified in forcing our ways onto others nations, much like the Catholics during the Crusades (They should have carried a banner into battle, "Killing for Christ" :D)

2. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Mongrel,

I don't have a clue who you are but I bet your attitude on this thread probably doesn't reflect the actual person that you are. You need to decaffinate or chill out.

Rodger

3. Mongrel

Mongrel Hell Hath No Fury

Or what?

4. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

This president failed so miserably in diplomacy that we are now forced to war.
    --Tom Daschle, last week, when President Bush, struck Iraq

We have exhausted all of our diplomatic effort to get the Iraqis to comply with their own agreements and with international law. Given that . . . we have got to force them to comply, and we are doing so militarily.
    --Tom Daschle, in 1998, when President Clinton, struck Iraq

5. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

6. Shyster d'Oil

Or you'll sound like an uptight weirdo rather than the decent human being you probably are.

Rodger

7. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

"Don't believe these invaders and these liars. There are none of their troops in Baghdad. Be assured Baghdad is safe, secure and great."

- Iraqi Information Minister Mohammad Said al-Sahhaf, speaking in an impromptu hurried press conference as American M1 tanks rolled through Saddam's military reviewing stand on live TV

8. Mongrel

Mongrel Hell Hath No Fury

Rodger, Look I am in no way angry. I just decided that I would voice my opinion of a certain type of individual. They have every right to have and voice these beliefs, but on the same token I have as much right to voice my dissatisfaction with this mentality. So what, it is not going to change them, nor is going to make anyone jump on my side. The free expression of ideas does not in mean that no one will ever be offended or that we are some how protected and will only hear things that we agree with. If you don't like me or what I say make a comment or just ignore it and move on, but don’t tell me how I should speak or what to say.

9. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

In fact, Mongrel, you should be commended. You have found a way to be "disgusted" by another person, to believe that they are a "hypocrite" and "morally reprehensible" and to tell them that they "sicken" you, all without being angry. Well done. :clap:

10. Shyster d'Oil

Mongrel,

I think that your points are better made w/o being insulting to RSDad or anyone else.

You and i both know that if this country was ruled by Pacifists the Mediterranean would be a German lake. But you should also recognize that pacifism is not a morally bankrupt belief, anymore than American militarism is. (For example, the pacifism of MLK was a far better approach than that of Nat Turner.)

However, even if you don't share my supposedly objective view, I think that you would agree that this board would be a better place without all the insults and name-calling. (Of course I've never done that;) )

Now here's the more interesting issue: When do we catch Saddam? I'm starting an office pool. I say we geet him on Friday at Noon. this will be on another thread.

Rodger