1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Violent left?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

As a matter of fact, yes they were. When I was growing up I admit that I did not spend a minute in Washington so I cannot attest to the decency of the Democrat's leaders when I was young but I do remember the people that I grew up with. Being from a small rural farming community just about everyone that I know of was a Democrat. They were great people down to the last one and, from what I remember, had the same values that most conservatives have today. A bit nosy morally and had a tendency to stick their nose in other people's business if they thought they could help, not prone to put up with criminals nor their actions, most would be found in church every Sunday-----------as I stated, great people.

I started noticing a change in the direction of the Democratic party when Johnson was elected. He had the tendency to lie and play some pretty serious political games to get his way with others. It has done nothing but continue that downward spiral ever since.

2. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Oh geez, between you and sheepofblue I might have some cut-and-paste to do later tonight or early tomorrow morning. :D

But seriously, maybe it's just because I'm old, but I have seen stupid violent assholes from all walks of life and all political persuasion's. I have very good friends that I would trust with my life were far right wing Republicans. And I have friends who are fellow left of center Democrats that I wouldn't throw lifeline to because I know they would abuse it.

jase and gixxerreese like this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Cite. :Poke:

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

LOL yep by leftist professors. And yet the voting reality reflects something that is the opposite. Rather it reflects the drop in racism in the south that was occurring at an increasing pace THEN a Republican governor was elected. Oh and the first was primarily due to corruption and infighting in the Democrat party so the date is actually a bit later.

Not doubting your history statement just the people that created the story.

Of course we could also revisit the Senate leadership position of Robert KKK Byrd during that time they were fleeing to ......oh wait he was a Democrat.

5. sheepofblue

Certainly you should judge people by INDIVIDUAL character and I agree. However the number of nice people you meet at a klan rally will be close to zero so go where the percentage is better ;-)

Also if I am choosing a representative I am NOT going to choose a KKK member or skinhead as I will not be able to know them enough to realize they are the exception (yes the example is an extreme one). Also if someone attends a church known to hate whitey WHY in the heck would I want them. Oh and replace that with a pejorative against black people and my feeling is 100% the same. If you don't stand for others freedoms you will soon not have yours.

Well off to feed the guys that I really trust, the sheep dogs

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Man, that is a lovely load of cherry picked , out of context, factoids you dished out to convince yourself.

Woah! Nicely done....

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

BTW, I like the the implicit surprise in the title.

As it should be.

I'll agree with you these imbeciles are degrading themselves down to church burning, segregating, blowing up abortion clinics levels....

8. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

:crackup: Too much jerry springer and oprah

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Can you point me to the "blowing up abortion clinics" group? I'd like to join.

10. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Many of them are in jail now or on the run. Why don't you avoid all the hassle and just turn yourself in now?

But seriously, I know you couldn't be bothered with such stuff. You're too fat and happy to risk your life and your family's future for a cause you don't really believe in.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

But...but...but...Fetal Lives Matter!

Abortion providers in a blanket, fry 'em like sinners! :Poke:

12. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Since we're both getting up in years, but from different walks of life, I guess we've just been looking at the social community of the country from different angles. What I remember seeing is how the Democrats continually responded emotionally to what they see happening instead of using common reasoning to figure out what kind of action is needed. It was that way in the late fifties and it's still that way. Obviously there are individuals that don't follow that path but it's still true for the biggest percentage of them.

I too have friends :D that are Democrats that I would trust with my life and friends that are to the right that scare the out of me but are also trusted friends. I, however, never invite all of them to lunch at the same time since I had rather remain alive long enough to finish the meal. :beer:

13. sheepofblue

Yep my dogs are left wing. Always expecting me to feed them free of charge.

Hawk518 and Orvis like this.
  14. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

16. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

17. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Funny how they're doing their very best trying to link him to "alt-right" groups....even when his own twitter feed says otherwise.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So he's another nutjob who is using the other side to justify his actions. Same as all the other nutjobs, different excuse.

stk0308 likes this.
  20. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Anyone seen mega liberal Kathy Griffins latest "statement" is a picture holding a bloody Donald trump head....

I wonder what statement she's getting across?