1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vintage turn out at Road Atlanta sucked this weekend.

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by james walker, Sep 14, 2015.

1. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry too much about that - you're riding a BSA. :D

2. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

3. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Then again, there could be a field of Royal Enfields turn up and then he'd be a shoe in, for sure!

4. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

That depends, if one of them was ridden by a Linsdell...

5. yamageezer

Ollie or Steve! :bow::bow::bow:

6. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

A nice thought but makes no sense. Not interfering with a championship takes the form of not running into the championship contenders, but other than that, its just another race and should be run as such.

Who can ride around with the knowledge of every other competitor, where they are in the points, the points difference between each finishing position, and the effect on the points if you somehow get in between two of them? I do math at work, and I race to get away from work, not do more math.

Anyway, I have the word from the big boss (Evelyne) that Vintage is a points championship and anyone can enter and win the race at the GNF.

See you all in V5!

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Up until a couple few years ago you had to run in the class prior to enter the points classes (Vintage and National Challenge) and be in the top 15 or so depending on class to run the Sportsman classes. There was no run it and get a dq, you were not allowed to run it period without meeting the criteria.

As for the run it and DQ thing in Vintage, I think it's silly and I don't remember ever doing it. It's a points chase and should run just like the other National points championships. If you're legal you race it. If the one double points win gets you a championship then so be it, the others should have run more rounds and/or been faster.

As for what Emily and Evelyne are remembering we've done in the past I have no clue. I'll talk to them, get it sorted and let everyone know.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's up to them to go faster, this is racing not tiddly winks.

9. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Was told the same by Emily today. If you have zero points in a vintage class you can win the GNF and be scored..you're going to be gridded in the back of that class though.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good, looks like I don't have to talk to them :D

11. yamageezer

Well it looks like I'm running V8MW at GNF!

12. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

And that's the way it should be. :up::up::up::up:

13. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

I don't think there are, and I'm too lazy to check (...or don't really care enough to check :D) but are there any under-attended classes this year that a double win by someone could win them the championship? That'd really be somethin' if someone showed up for that one race and won a championship. :crackup:

14. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

:stupid:

There is no class that can be won by only a double points win. There are a number where a few points will make the difference between first place and all the rest of the losers...

15. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

Uh oh, me thinks the gauntlet has been thrown.....

16. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

All this interest in V5 now, where have you guys been all season?
    It's mostly been the Four Horsemen of the EXpocalypse: Kurt, Kris, Eric, & myself.
    (Yes, Kurt has that SpeedWerks FZ whatever it is, but he has an EX for the wet!)

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Exactly what I've been thinking.

18. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

musnt.... purchase..... Kawasaki Z1.....

#156 Well-Known Member

I ran at least one v-5 round. Would have been two but was having bike problem.:up: Don't have enough points to win but will offer bike to someone who can. If no takers I'm gonna try to show up and win now that I got bike ready.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  20. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Hey, I remember our party in the rain. Good times. :D