1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vintage turn out at Road Atlanta sucked this weekend.

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by james walker, Sep 14, 2015.

1. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

WTH? where is everyone?

...also, my Northern buddy Bucky should get some kind of MVP award for the amount of miles he puts in to go race....drives 700 hours, sleeps in a van, kicks local butt and goes home with their trophies. 'dude is hard core. :up:

2. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

. I can actually make it for a day to go racing, but no time this summer for working on bikes.
    I have all of my new parts to put my F500 and V6Lw/V5 bikes together. Still working on the foreclosure we bought. Next year I'm doing a full schedule with WERA and a couple of Ahrma rounds...hold on keep racing!
    I did get the V1/2 bike back together. I may be able to make the GNF.

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

That sucks. I'd hate to see vintage go the way of endurance. :( But it looks like it is getting closer and closer to being an all ahrma type thing.

4. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

Being held on Fri didn't help some people, I'm sure.

5. james walker

^ yep, that crossed my mind as well.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ours too.

Friday is part of it. Vintage racing (and any racing where people build and work on bikes rather than just buy them) is down on the whole. Being at the end of the season with championships decided is a large part of it. The huge Vintage event at Barber is in a couple of weeks. It all adds up.

Vintage racing will continue but if we do this event next year it'll be a double header modern stuff event.

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Need a like button for that. Kris Larrivee needs an award as well, I believe he has been to every vintage round held in the SE this year and he is driving down from northern Virginia or somewhere.

Some of the vintage championships are quite close and are going to result in some tight racing for all the marbles at the GNF.

8. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Still fun to get out and race some....can not believe the people that could race don't .....get out and have fun while you still can ride , soon you will be ...........................

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Once someone has their limit of non GNF first places there's no reason to go race more other than the GNF.

10. james walker

"...no reason to go race...", that's probably the saddest thing i've ever read on the internet. ever. lol

'ain't sayin' it ain't true, just sayin' it's sad. but then....I'll show up to a parking lot for the chance of beating the sh@t out of a buddy on mini bike just about any time....i don't need much more reason than that. :D:up:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  11. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

So Right......to many old wusses out there that talk crap but find a reason not to show....

12. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

If I could, I would have been there. :(

13. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

The V5 championship plaque will suffice. :D

14. drgonzo

drgonzo Well-Known Member

Seems there was a decent turn out in the two classes where a relatively stock motorcycle with stock engine and frame can compete. V1-4, not so much.

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

That you will have to earn, my friend.

16. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I didn't get to run a single V5 race this year, so I guess the race win will have to suffice for me...

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Kris and I (along with his ever reliable EX500) have managed to keep each other from reaching that limit. :D

Don't know about the others but the V classes are formula rules, aren't they?

We had a good turn out in V6LW, several new people out there on some FZRs. Welcome to the party! :up:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  18. t500racer

Thought you had to run a class to compete in it at the GNF? :Poke:

19. t500racer

Bowie on the Super Duc and a smoky Seca didn't help either. :mad:

20. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Maybe the point calculation criteria should be revisited, go back to 5 or 6 races that count toward the national. I would love that, Kris would not. :D

LOL, we have both been impacted by such events so we can call that a draw. You have 65 points, I have 69. Guess I'll buy some new tires and get my game ready.

:beer: