1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vintage turn out at Road Atlanta sucked this weekend.

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by james walker, Sep 14, 2015.

#156 Well-Known Member

if I can get off work I will be there in v-5 !!!!!! See if I can shake things up a little with my smoky seca, now that I got my problem solved !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  2. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Never been that way..you may want to call Emily or Evelyn. Always needed an invite(vintage)to the GNF. They allow you to race the GNF now..without previous points, but you can't win.

I wouldn't mind a change to that rule...however Emily reinforced it last week...

3. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I want to see this in writing, because points championship classes have never been this way before. Vintage and National challenge are both the same, and there would have been some pretty well know riders DQ'd if this was so.

If so it really sucks for those in areas where there was not a lot of vintage races like North Central. V5 rules at Mid-Ohio were different for Vintage days (Indexed bikes are not included), and one day was rained out. Other than Cycle Jam ( along trip from Ohio) there was one other Vintage date.

4. Blakester122

Blakester122 Well-Known Member

Haha Your bike would be a blast to ride. If only I could ride it half as good as you. You and Doug are hard to keep up with.

5. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

So Blakester......Wagners offer put you over the top, and you plan on attending?....is this what I'm hearing?

6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

You DO NOT need to run a prior event to race at the GNF.

7. Blakester122

Blakester122 Well-Known Member

If he wants to "sponsor" me to come out and help make for a more crowded race. I would be more than happy to show up. :D

8. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

The comment was you can race..but you can't be scored for a win.

Emily said this specifically last week. Not saying that I agree with it.

9. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

....And now, back to you Mr. Wagner....my work here is done. :D

10. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

So, I can show up and race GP500?

What if I get lucky and win?

Cheers,

Dave

11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I do.

Well, you would have beaten everybody but not won.

12. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Well, that's a bit weird, but I guess I understand on the following basis:

If I have not raced all year, I should not interrupt or adversely affect those that have been racing and are in a points battle for a championship. There is a difference in points between 1st and 2d and 2d and 3d. So, if an interloper (one who has not been racing), wins, then the others are pushed back a spot and the points may be different and hence, the championship outcome affected. I agree with that rationale. But, that leaves the winner of the GNF as a non-winner. That makes no sense. What does make sense and accommodates all would be to make the winner of the GNF the winner, but not score him/her if they have not run all year. Instead, score (for points and championship) 2d as 1st, 3d as 2d and so on.

I want further incentive to bring the BSA out . . . . ;)

Cheers,

Dave

13. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

I can live with that…

14. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Great minds think alike....but then so do ours.

15. bogganman

bogganman Well-Known Member

My bike was prepped and ready,couldn't get off fr. friday work. So.....it looks like the GNF V5 race is shaping up to be a real barn-burner. Hmmm. :D

16. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

I'm trying for more bikes on the grid, think about Bridgestone $$$, & I just put Pirellis on mine.
    Blake ran at Cycle Jam for a 2d it appears: http://maps.wera.com/racers/racerprofile.asp?x=1098&rid=30556229140292 so that issue is covered.

Bigger grids = better racing, GNF is my blow out end of the season, so 1 more race entry is no big deal.
    I'm still unclear on the "guy with no points enters GNF race & spoils points but doesn't get points" thing? I thought that was the reason you had to have at least 1 entry on the season? See above about more bikes on the grid.
    I'm still unclear on the points: he's DQ'd from the win, but not 2d or 3d?
    We may have 2-3 guys with no entries?
    I'm in the hunt for 3d overall, but my EX did not go well @ BMSP 7/4.

Besides, the EX Cup is about which bike actually finishes. I missed 1/2 of practice due to a clogged fuel filter at Road A. :FL:

17. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Hmmm. I also have a V5 bike in perfect, fresh condition that could be raced at the GNF.

18. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

Put Draik on it.
    He can pay his own entry fee. :D
    If everyone shows that is talking about it, it should be the biggest grid of the day.

19. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

it ran fine once I blew the cobwebs out of it in practice. You ran faster sunday on it than you did on saturday!

20. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

:D