1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Cash Prizes - Barber - July 2

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Can-am, Jan 17, 2016.

1. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Ron, as I said at tgpr, if you can convince Sean and Evelyn to bring Vintage back to VIR, I'll throw in $500 in addition to the case of bubbles. That would make $750 per race. Bigger, farther back payout. SURE to draw more people in.... VIR is central to most of the regions and the Mid A guys are really hurting lately. Not much competition in early august vs horrible competition late june/early july. If that doesn't work, I DO love RRR!!!

2. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

Mark, I have not forgotten I just didn't want to commit you prematurely. Your generosity at Barber was much appreciated. I mentioned VIR as a possible site for next year's event to others. Everyone, including me, thinks it would be a great venue. The question is whether WERA is able to get a date there and if so whether it is in conflict with AHRMA. I think it is far enough north to get participation from the mid Atlantic riders. It is a little far east for many of the mid west riders, but if the pot keeps growing maybe they will come. I like VIR but have not been there since 2010. It would be a challenge to come up with good handicaps since vintage classes have not run there much in recent years. I will give it a try and see what data is available. I have only run the north course, so I would need to know which of the three courses WERA might use. In the meantime I will try to get some others to add prize money so it might attract a larger grid. Thanks for your support.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As much as I wish we could even grids double the size doesn't pay the bills at VIR. We will as always consider it and see what we can do.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW We only run the North course.