1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Victory For Dutch Reagan

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by YamahaRick, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

IDTIO! You forgot to mention the Ronald Reagan International Airport that the Cubans built in Grenada! :D

2. mad brad

mad brad Guest

it REALLY hurts shen YAMABLOW calls me disgusting and ignorant. really.

what was your name again homo?

bitterness, is what you get when you actually pay attention in life.

P.S. i thought you were leaving? nah, didn't think you wouldn't. ;)

3. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

When you aren't clever, you do just come off as very bitter and vicious. And I'm sure that's not true.

4. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Seen on "Politically Incorrect" one night......

Bill Maher: "So tell me, is professional wrestling rigged?"

Randy "Macho Man" Savage: "Only when I lose, Bill."

5. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

game, set, match...... :clap: there version of history doesn't included anything before they where born.

but I did like Dave's WWE comment, I was laughing my ass off because of it.

The only reason Reagon's name is on a carrier, is because he purchased it with all the pork defense contracts he handed out during his term. He was the best CEO of the, I'm using a Eisenhower term....so go look it up, "Military-Industrial Complex" ever had.

who really cares about naming rights anyway?? NIXON even has a library. :Poke:

6. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

And other economists seem to think that his make-work social programs did nothing but prolong the depression until WWII rolled around and pulled us out of it.

He also saddled us with Social Security, a bad idea and financial train wreck that we're still struggling with today. If that's his "legacy" then we'd be infinitely better off if FDR had died on the campaign trail, rather than after creating these monstrosities.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Disagree.

8. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Please close the economic text books and start talking to your relatives, grand parents, who went thru the depression, those are the true hero's here. Everything you have said about the depression is true, even the part about end of the depression was the beginning of WWII. But prolonging the depression?? Really?? What about preventing people from starving to death?

I don't think you fully understand the level of poverty during the depression. I don't know the exact figures, but just imagine yourself being out of work for 5 or so years, loosing everything and your only meal of the day was from a soup kitchen line. How would you support your family?? These are the same people who saved everything, string, soap, boxes and food. Nothing was ever wasted. Somehow our grandparents did it.

MTK, back to republican mantra, smaller government is better than beauracy. Why must every Republican President raid the cookie jar which is Social Security and then determine the program is flawed?? One would think if Social Security was better funded it would work better. It’s equivalent to the teamsters stealing from the pension fund and running away with money and then saying we did it because the system was flawed.

The republicans are doing the same thing with Medicare, they feel the system is unnecessary and undermine the program by inadequate funding. The recent drug program for senior has a slush fund built into it to support the health insurance companies, to take the healthiest seniors and leave the rest for Medicare. There are alot of seniors which will actually have to pay more than they do now, for drugs.

my 2 cents....

9. mad brad

mad brad Guest

oh yes. the "throw more money at it until it works" philosophy.

i already pay more taxes than i should for social programs. bzzzzzzzzzt. wrong answer. how about the "throw some elbow grease into your future" philosophy? wow, what a concept.

10. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

T/A top Presidents:

#1 - Abraham Lincoln
    #2 - Franklin Delano Roosevelt
    #3 - George Washington
    #4 - Thomas Jefferson
    #5 - Theodore Roosevelt
    #6 - Woodrow Wilson
    #7 - Harry S. Truman
    #8 - Andrew Jackson
    #9 - Dwight D. Eisenhower
    #10 - James Madison

11. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

I have supported previous statements with more than opinion, you just prefer to ignore the facts.

You may not realize you know what a liberal is, it is simple look in a mirror. As far as how I come across to you, based on your statement you have a reception problem.