1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Victory For Dutch Reagan

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by YamahaRick, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Just because one demanded accountability does not make him less of a humanitarian....

It goes well beyond politics Jimmy is a nice guy but running this country was beyond his scope...

(Billy Jimmy's brother and I have the same brand of double wide)

2. Yamaha Fan

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I don't understand

I learned everyting I needed to from Robert when I read his user profile....

3. thane

thane Well-Known Member

Do you drink his beer?

thane

4. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

It can't be that. i think he doesn't like people who race SV's ;)

5. Yamaha Fan

Strange reading your posts you seem to be a liberal, but looking at your Avatar your leaning hard to the right.. now PAPA he is a liberal and his Avatar shows a clear lean to the left.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I voted for Carter in his first run. Very decent man, but a lousy President. Voted for Regan first time, not the second. My father was a staunch Republican and, at the time I was the opposite. I still believe that for all his shortcomings, Regan was a semi-great President and the prosperity and pride in the US fostered by his presidency were exactly what the country needed after the devisive Viet Nam years and the economic disaster that were the Carter years. Who can forget mortgage rates in the high teens?

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I wanted to chime in here but the above pretty much summarizes my experience. Liked Jimmy but he didn't do much either way. Voted against Reagan, mostly because he was an actor and his political background was in California, people in NH think CA is another planet. Reagan was smart enough to surround himself with good people and be the public relations man and glue that held it together. I really liked him by the time he left office. Helped solidify my Rupublican leaning (in my younger days I was *whisper* a Democrat)
    Like Carter, a really decent guy who tried his best.

Historically, I think Reagan will be remembered as one of the greatest Presidents of the latter part of the 20th century.

Yamabob and Teamatomic just spit coffee all over their monitors. :D :Puke:

8. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

Nope, just a sigh of sorrow... it's what I've come to expect from this crowd

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That list includes Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Clinton, and Bush I. Not much competition.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

sadly, it's the first time you have supported anything you said with anything other than an opinion. It's just a photograph, but it's progress.

By the way, I don't know what a liberal is. I have never looked at a definition, don't care to. You come across to me as the type of person who decides they want to be a Republican/Democrat/conservative/liberal, reads a definition, then " thinks" what he is supposed to think based on the classification.

11. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

I really can't SAY much about this issue, since the whole Putnam Park incident. My region just lost it's best track and I'm really pi$$ed. :mad:

As for the Reagan Mini-Series, sounds kind of par for the course for the radical right. It seems that the republican party will stop at nothing to preserve the Reagan legacy. Even if this just a made for TV movie on a network. I can't comment on the movie because I never saw it, and the republican party thinks were to stupid not to know fiction or fact. :D Instead we get two evenings devoted to Jessica Lynch / Elizabeth Smart. :down:

Just when I think american politics has reached a new low, someone else decides to go one better. :Poke:

What's next a 72 hour talk-a-thon session in congress over judical nominee's?? :Puke:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2003
  12. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

The headline I saw the other day was so cheesy:

"Saving Jessica's Privates"

:D :D

Larry Flynt. Man of principle.

13. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Thanks Robert.... needed the comic relief. :D :D

14. In Your Corner

Oh please, have a sense of humor. Or is it that you're a Reagan fan?

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You may not be but plenty of people are. On the other side, it would seem that some Democrats think we are not smart wenough to survive without them. Personally I wish they would all go away. Viva anarchy!!

16. In Your Corner

Just watching the historical inacurracies in the simple, concise narrative of the Jessica Lynch incident gives you a comparative idea of what they would do the recounting of the complicated and long Reagan Presidency. As far as trusting the viewers to know fact from fiction, who was it that said you'll never go broke under-estimating the intelligence of the American public? If you really think most of the viewers out there are savvy, discriminating, politically educated people who will weigh all possible sides to the scenes of questionable historical accuracy and factor in the political proclivities of the producers and directors before arriving at a reasonable conclusion concerning the reality of any events depicted then I want to know what the color of the sky is in your world.

Haven't you ever watched Cops ? Ever notice the people on that show are always watching TV? There's a closer picture of your average viewer.

If you're a thoughtful, discriminating viewer, great. That doesn't mean most people are, nor is there anything wrong with recognising that fact.

17. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

bet they're almost as off base as the military's account compared to Lynch's account of what happened :D

18. thane

thane Well-Known Member

I guess I'm just feeling thankful that Jessica is, at least, cute.

thane

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

LOL! That was funny.:D

But it suggests you watch Cops... ;)

So what if they're wrong about Reagan anyway? Really! What's the impact today? That's what I don't get. I can see why family would get mad, but other random people?

20. thane

thane Well-Known Member

Papa, people get upset when you threaten the image of their heros.

thane