1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V7 starts here

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by gpracer15, Mar 16, 2010.

1. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

I will be there.

2. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

Congrats Lance.
    On that bike, with him riding it, that should be a regular occurence.

Dyle, what's wrong with primer grey? Sounds good, too.

Mark me down as 50/50 on Road A. Still working on the ZX7- carburation is trial & much error. Can't test the ram air in my neighborhood.

3. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

Thanks Skwid.
    I finally feel pretty good on this thing.

I might have to skip CMP though, I doubt I'm going to have the funds. And for me to learn a new track in 2 practice sessions.

4. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

When your next outting there Lance??
    So Howie, Danial, Skwid and who else is coming out to Road Atlanta. Bobby and Ray Im sure will be there. Any word from Eboz?

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Thanks Dyle but I think Sauce might have everything but the forks. Anyone got any even bent ones?

6. lance89

I will be at Summit and VIR national weekends. I'm really looking forward to VIR.

7. lance89

Oh yea Skwid, I don't know if you took notice I took your advice and updated to the 1998 front end.

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Hey Lance what'd ya do with your old front end??

9. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

might have some bent ones. you coming back to V7? shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiat. never even gave it a chance

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

LOL Eventually, can bump up it with the 400 but that would be pointless. Kev you going to Road Atl? If you have some with bent tops let me know I'll take em.

11. lance89

cajun, the front end I had was 95 zx7, and you dont want it. I do have a spare zx7 front end triples and all. no wheel.

12. ccmhunt

ccmhunt Well-Known Member

Chuck,
    I saw your old bike last Monday at HPT at a trackday, knew it was yours http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=246739 from the forum......looked great and sounded great.
    Current owner and I were looking at it and noticed the front fender was gone (well, 98% of it was gone)....and it was then he remembered running over something green in turn 8.
    Nice bike

13. fistafury

fistafury Well-Known Member

Thanks, I built that bike for Chuck last year about this time and he unfortunately had to let it go a short time later, obviously. I had said I regretted selling the bike, but vowed to build a faster one. Here it is in the prelim build stage.

Attached Files:

14. ccmhunt

What are your plans for it.....why don't you post it up as you go?
    I helped build part of Ty Howards ZX6R that he raced in the Dayton Supersport back in 95 or 96......gets a little foggy now, always loved those bikes. I ride a 96 SRAD on the track now, and itching to start a ZX7R project if I can find the right one.

15. lance89

ccmhunt,
    I have Gerald Rothmans AMA zx7 from 1994. he won some nationals on it. and it was in sport rider magazine. it needs some love and i really dont have the time I'd sell pretty cheap. Lance

16. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Thats great to hear! I wish I still had that bike! Damn economy......

Tell him to look on ebay for a fender!

17. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I would like to know what you guys did back in the day !

18. ccmhunt

pictures, $?

19. fistafury

fistafury Well-Known Member

It's funny you mention Ty. You see that red bike in the background. He and Brian Lantz rode that thing to 2nd overall at the '97 Indy Cycle Jam 4 Hour.

I'll keep posting as this project takes shape. I'm building this bike as a project with my son's cub scout den.

I intend to race it in V7 next year if all goes well.

20. lance89

ccmhunt, sent you a pm. Lance