1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V7 starts here

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by gpracer15, Mar 16, 2010.

1. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Klack klackity klak............she fired up real nice tonight. What you got?

Still got time.........CMP Smackdown!

2. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

spy shots from the FOWR top secret race shop

well I have all the chassie stuff completed on the ZX7/9. and now I am broke and I'm not sure how racing I'll be able to do. I also don't have the coin for motor work, maybe next year. hear are some shots of my upgrades. Lance
    the first shot is it on the work stand all cleaned and polished up ready to take to a motorcycle church servise this week end. The gas tank is fiberglass shell.

another shot is the relocated smaller battery where the alternater used to be.

and the 3 rd shot is the 1 3/4 gal aluminum fuel cell I had made where the battery used to be and goes to the air box.

all yea it now has 1998 zx7 forks and brakes, revalved by Mr. Tom Hueghy.

Attached Files:

3. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Well sitting here at RRR and I dont see a v6/7ner anywhere.
    WHERE ARE YOU GUYS???

Bike loos good Lance. Ill have some pics up next week of my completed ride. Got the RR front look with the open ram air. The bike looks great and runs great. Cant wait to see everyone at Road Atlanta and VIR.....YEAH BOY!!!!!

4. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I would have gone but I am taking the wife and kids to the beach....
    Howie should be there on the F3....

Im all registered up for Road A:up:

5. Dyle

Danial is here. Looking a bit tentative but moving along well all the same. I think Howie will be here tomorrow morning.
    Chuck make sure you say hello at Road Atl. Dont have the same motorhome anymore, got one alittle smaller but its still a brown bomber like my old one. Anyways see ya there.

6. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Lance, Looks great bro! Will you be at Road A?

I will be on my way to RRR in the early AM.

7. lance89

Howie, Thanks. I love Road A. but I am flat broke, so I really don't know what I'm doing the rest of the year. I might just have to park the 7 until next year. Lance

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  8. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Excellent!!!

Lance, I like the mini gas tank.....send me more pictures brother.......How did you do the shell?

:up:

9. lance89

I got the tank shell from SquidSkins in Canada, thats also where I got the body work and ram air tube. They can make pretty much anything for the zx7's, carbon parts . He can make complete carbon gas tanks instead of the shell.

I made a tank out of cardboard and took it to a friend of mine that owns a machine shop with a water jet, he cut it out on it and welded it up. Its a real piece of art. The only problem I have with it right now is I used a vortex cap and base and it warped just a little bit when it got weilded. so its a little tight.

hopefully you will be able to check it out in person some time this year. Lance

10. Dyle

Send me the link to the guy who does the tanks Lance if you dont mind. Does he do all model tanks?

Danial is looking good this morning and Howie and Skwid moving along as well. Not sure who he is but 409 crashes in practice 2 this morning.

11. lance89

just look up squidskins.com I don't have a link. Lance

12. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Man, the beach is nice today:beer:

13. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Lance, I understand! I just hope the money I have set aside lasts and doesn't get used for anything else.

Had fun at Roebling, got a chance to feel out the F3. Needs a little here an there but has plenty of potential. Skwid and I had a little fun in the race.

Thanks for interjecting your relaxing moment there Chuck! By the way, I think the paint held up on the tank.

14. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Get the A bike back, assembly that new body/paint and snap some shots for me!

Looking forward to Road A!

15. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

I will probaly have to take the pics at Road A. Running short on time. I will be at the beach all next week.

16. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Two bikes going Klickity Klack..........third bike going to a new owner for the VIR smack down round....another Kawi V7 rider joins the SE V7 ranks.....when he "shows me the money!"

:beer:

17. Dyle

Yall are gonna need all the help you can get.....!

18. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Its in the works:up:

19. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Why? You found someone who can fit in your leathers? Unemployeed horse jockey? Yard jockey? Dani Padrosa???

Bring it on!

:beer:

20. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Just realized if I dont run a solo on Sat I get one round of FREE practice Sunday.....

Leaning towards a solo so I get that time and also 2 practice rounds in the am....