1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

United States recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BigBird, Dec 6, 2017.

1. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Here - let me just build this settlement on your recognized land. Move your shit. o_O

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If the Arabs laid down their weapons, the shooting would stop. To be fair, the Israelis do need to quit deploying their bulldozers. I think that in the absence of open hostilities, international pressure might accomplish that end. The Israelis, of necessity, must operate from the premise that most of their neighbours would like to wipe them from the face of the earth. I'm sure it tends to cloud their judgement.

cav115 likes this.
  3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Two of the largest groups of assholes in the entire world live next to each other and have a property line dispute. I'm sure it will all work out in the end. :)

4. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Probably, the point is where is the government centered in Israel is Jerusalem. All branches of government and their departments are there, why would you not have an embassy there? Tel Aviv is the financial and tech hubs of the country, that's great and all for businesses to set up shop but you'd think governments want to be near governments.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not for or against it really. Doesn't matter one iota to me. With having a consulate already there it's nothing more than a name change and making the ambassador move best I can tell.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep, but it isn’t exactly one on one. Egypt, Jordan, Syria and Lebanon have all had issues.

7. Fonda Dix

I was dividing people along theological lines, not by country. In other words, assholes by religion, not nationality. :)

8. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Ah, I didnt know TelAviv is a tech/financial hub. Makes more sense now :)

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah, I got that after initial posting. You just quoted my post too fast. :crackup:

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

All I know is that I have worked with people from all over that area and IMO, the Israelis have consistently seemed to be decent people. With the others it was a crap shoot. There were exceptions but I was not surprised when they were rude, arrogant or condescending. Or all 3...

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So they're like New Yorkers? :D

12. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Not just two posts in a day but two posts in a row I've agreed with you on. Time to buy a lottery ticket.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  13. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

The following countries do not have embassies in DC, they are in New York, with their UN delegation.

Samoa
    Seychelles
    Solomon Islands
    Andorra
    Comoros
    Maldives
    Nauru

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I know it is not all Egyptians but the Egyptians I have met make New Yorkers seem polite and respectful...

jrsamples likes this.
  15. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

i spent two months in israel this year

will never go back if given the choice

i work all over the world and the israelis are the absolute worst i've encountered

i was thankful for the iron dome while i was there! rockets and typhoons are pretty sweet to watch as well

16. Fonda Dix

I have a ton of experience with Israeli partners and they have ALL fit the same mold:

1. Tenancious
    2. Focused
    3. Driven
    4. Passionate

5. Risk averse
    6. Manipulative
    7. Difficult to deal with on
    8. Tribal beyond reason

bikerydr likes this.
  17. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

yes, yes, yes, yes, hell no, yes, yes, yes
    in my experience!!!! you about damn nailed it

18. Fonda Dix

Yeah the fear of risk may be my industry and not an Israeli thing.

19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I saw a statement to the effect of doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. It IS their capital and the only reason not to is to appease those who are now threatening violence. Some say yes but the peace negotiations.... However the reality is that decades of repeatedly doing the same thing has failed. The only thing the Israeli's could do is mass suicide and even then the PLO would have to come in and burn stuff back a few centuries worth to make it home. Oh and then there would be filthy Jews to kill in other places. Us stopping enabling the process might have an impact but if it does not at least we are not in denial.

20. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So instead of warning people to get out then bull dozing the appropriate response to missiles launched into civilian areas should be .....? Or terror attacks (again mostly against civilians)

Personally I think they should open a jar of woop ass on the west bank and kill everything that doesn't retreat then bulldoze it flat and proceed to improve it like they did every other inch (check into the green line).