1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

United States recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BigBird, Dec 6, 2017.

1. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

that is true. my answer was to a guy claiming the US is there to support the middle east.
    american interest in the middle east is not going anywhere. just now with trump the message is loud and clear. he does not hid his hate and it is there for all to see.

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

If anything the US added a level of stability to the region. To believe otherwise is ignoring the realities of the situation. I think people are forgetting how unstable the region has been for ever and also how aggressive and at times how unstable Egypt was in the region and the strategic importance of the Suez Canal.

The place would be tinder box if it weren’t for the US. Millions of lives have basically been saved.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Kuwait would be so much better off with Saddam in charge for sure. The entire region and even the world would of course be better with him alive and having lots of power as well as a larger Iran. Yep, much better off.

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

You're fucking high.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

How so?

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know if I would necessarily call the coverage "pro-Palestine" in general, but it is definitely much less "pro-Israel" than what I have seen in the US. It probably depends on which newspaper you pick up at your newsstand. I suppose that "balanced" wouldn't be a bad way to describe it, unless you ask someone in the Jewish or Arab communities. They would probably disagree with me.

On this particular issue, however, the press is probably overwhelmingly leaning towards calling it a bad idea.

SuddenBraking, BigBird and tiggen like this.
  7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

How does this show his "hatred"? The law recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel was passed back in 1995 and gutless politicians have kicked the can down the road 6 months at a time ever since. He is doing nothing but going along with a law that is already in place.

8. samizx7

Kuwait was part of the Iraq before the division. plus Saddam was an american puppet so not sure what is your point. the american invasion to Iraq destabilized the whole regain. created Isis. over 3 million Iraqis died because of it and the middle east went even deeper in the shit hole.

if you ask any Iraqi to chose between the current situation and what was before i am sure what is his/her answer be. america is there for resource and it is getting it. but to say that america brought stability is laughable. we must be living on a different planet.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Not to mention the ability to spread. Give anyone control of the ME and then what is the probability they try to spread Islam to Europe via Spain or through Turkey. My call would be 100%

10. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Its normal for children, inmates, psych patients, etc to dislike and disagree with those who have to police their underdeveloped, under educated, and uncultured behavior.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

By someone else do you mean Great Britain and France. (Long befor the US) :Poke:

samizx7 likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

So the guy that gassed part of his populace was a good stable guy. Got it.

Of course we're there for resource stability as a part of the overall reason. So what?

13. samizx7

seriously. ??? the travel ban, posting the 3 clips on tweeter, and could go on for days. he is a true presentation of the american vision of the middle east so i am not supersized , true or not , the whole world could see it now. unlike the other presidents before him he shows his true colors, which is only thing i like about him.

14. samizx7

i love how you laugh all the time. good for you. i never said he was a good guy, but getting ride of him the way america did it cause more problems then keeping him.

15. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

There you guys go again, throwing around numbers that you can’t back up.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The travel ban is less restrictive than those countries, no clue why anyone from there would have an issue with it. Just look at the passport thread for real life examples from people who have been there. They can't even get into some countries if they have a visa from another one on their passport. The video clips were stupid best I can tell. Still not sure I care but I'm working on it. I'm not sure about his true colors, I think he does everything for a reason and it may not be what you're seeing on the face of it - but he is more open/honest seeming than other pols. Have to see how it plays out long term.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And on that one I think you have little to no understanding of Saddam or history. Which is why I keep laughing at you.

18. samizx7

sorry , no one died since the iraq invasion.

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

It’s not even a ban. It’s implementing additional vetting procedures.
    No one is banned. During the campaign Trump did use the term ban. But what was implemented isn’t a ban.

Rogue4 likes this.
  20. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Yep. Just ask the people of Iraq. Well, you can't ask the roughy half million that are dead since we invaded but you could probably their living relatives.