1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

United States recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BigBird, Dec 6, 2017.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

"President Donald Trump will announce on Wednesday that the United States recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and will move its embassy there, breaking with longtime U.S. policy and potentially stirring unrest."

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1DZ04V

2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

What city does Israel recognize as their capitol?

3. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

That's what I've been thinking this entire time, we recognize the country but we won't recognize their claimed capital where their government resides?

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I don't see why he's doing this. Is he trying to stir up a bunch of shit ? Cause that's what's going to happen.

BigBird likes this.
  5. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Why not acknowledge the capital city the country uses? All of our business happens in Washington, but the world recognizes San Francisco as our capital because it's a tech hub and the name Columbia/columbus is too controversial.

6. 600 dbl are

#becausefuckhamas ?

If NK said "if the USA does any business with Japan we will nuke Hawaii", should we stop doing business with Japan?

7. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

EMBASSIES IN ISRAEL

8. 600 dbl are

I'm curious as to who requested the embassies be placed there?

Rogue4 and Britt like this.
  9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Trump gets what he wants by stirring up shit and doing what no one else dares. If this stirs up the Muzzies so what, they already don’t like us.

10. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

The Palestinians do not want peace. They continue to promote terror and death to Israel. Same as Iran. Do we really give a fuck about either of them? No. They will continue to do what they are doing RIGHT FUCKING NOW if we decided to leave the embassy is Tel Aviv.

jksoft likes this.
  11. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

I'm more curious about the "why" they were placed there. Considering when Hamas was formed, I highly doubt it has anything to do with them.

12. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

So what does your previous post mean then if you don’t understand anything about this subject.

13. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Why make it worse? What's to gain from this? No to mention how much is this going to cost the US tax payer?

14. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Uhhh... what? Is this sarcasm lost via internet?

15. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Great idea...... if we want more dead ambassadors.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

It’s not about making it worse. It’s about what is historically right. Israel has a very long history and very strong ties to the city over thousands of years. It is mentioned in Jewish prayers, Jews face towards the city when praying, it once was the capital of a Jewish state, the city is mentioned hundreds of times in Jewish scripture, the city has always had a majority of Jewish population. Non of these apply to Muslims. Jerusalem isn’t even mentioned once in the Quran. But now they want to lay claim to it for no other reason than sticking a thumb in the eyes of Israel.

The only reason the Palestine's and Muslims are trying to lay claim is purely for political reasons, nothing more. They are the shit stirers . They are the ones making it worse.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  17. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

This feels like a dare... Like, by doing this, Trump is actually daring someone to do something... You know, he's been trying to dare NK to do something too... At some point, someone is going to call his bluff. I don't understand why do this at all if there's nothing to be gained?

18. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Wait, what??? Muslims and Jews have been fighting over Jerusalem for millennia. I'm not saying one side is entitled over the other, but this isn't some political pissing contest that just started because the Muslim world doesn't like a Jewish state.

19. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

What is the benefit of moving it?

20. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Right now most would say we're the shit stirrers by doing this, our Embassy has been in Tel Aviv since 1966.