1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV commercials/ads and their gay innuendo nowadays

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gapman789, Mar 24, 2017.

1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Was logging in to my US Bank acct this morning, and on the log in page, there is this....
    gay.jpg

And then there's that new Delta Airlines commercial that aired during the superbowl and thereafter, with a dude laying in bed, while the other dude is getting dressed for work and trying not to disturb him. WTF.

I'm not anti-gay, but I am anti- 'in your face with gay innuendo'.

I've been thinking about dropping US Bank anyway and I think i'll do it now.....They suck for pretty much everything i need in a bank.
    For me, the main reason for having them is that they are open 7 days a week and 1 mile away.

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  2. G Costanza

G Costanza Well-Known Member

By that logic, every commercial using a straight couple is an, "in your face with heterosexual innuendo" commercial.

Suggesting that advertising remove any acknowledgement of same sex relationships makes you kind of anti-gay. Gay people aren't the problem, but your discomfort with their existence seems to be.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    rk97, cortezmachine, stk0308 and 10 others like this.
  3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Who gives a fuck about commercials beyond there being too many in the content for which you are paying?

Newsshooter likes this.
  4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

So the factor that is pushing you over the edge for dropping US bank is the gay commercials, but you're not anti-gay? That makes about as much sense as a Bernie Sanders economic plan.

5. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Don`t see where he is "uncomfortable" That`s your assumption. He stated he is not anti-gay. Just tired of not normal (to the majority and him, I assume) culture trying to be forced. He has that right, free country and all.

tony 340 and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  6. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Somewhere in the US Bank tower, there's a marketing proposal for attracting new customers of this demographic.

It's all business :D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

First - why the hell do you watch commercials?

Second - why does it matter what sex the couples in a commercial are? I've seen them when the wife is watching the annoying as fuck news and it didn't affect me any more or less than a hetero couple in the same commercial would, still annoyed me and made me think "I hate that product just because commercials suck".

8. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Agree to the last few posts. Attracting new customers is how they grow, they have determined the new 'younger' market is far more comfortable with and contains more same sex relationships, than the existing customers (older) and will lose fewer customers because fewer will go through the effort to leave, or just DGAF.

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

My bigger question is exactly what makes you uncomfortable in the image above. I see 2 women hugging. Does that somehow trigger you sensitive little feelings? Now if they were in a 69 position ramming a dildo in each free butt hole ok maybe you are a little uncomfortable with that on TV.

The shit people bother to worry about still amazes me.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hell, half looks like it could be mother and daughter.

eggfooyoung likes this.
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Kinky.

JJJerry and cav115 like this.
  12. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

:D

13. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

[​IMG]

14. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

"Is your bank sticking it to you with fees? Feeling probed by constant rate increases? Cum to US Bank where we'll bend over backwards to give you what you need."

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

[​IMG]

16. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Ha! You are the Walt Whitman of WERA.

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I think you nailed it. I get tired of celebrating because person of x group got promoted to something. I miss the days when people got applauded for earning a promotion based upon their accomplishment which were then spelled out in the article.

Kind of like how the white husband is always the doofus in a commercial now. It used to be the helpless wife or dumb woman which was stupid. So we swapped one stupid for another.

Oh well I have a mute and an off button depending on if I am chilling or have better things to do.

StaccatoFan, Fencer and cav115 like this.
  18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

TV commercials????

LOL, dude, just about EVERY single new show has gay injected into it.....Walking Dead, Nashville just to name two off the top of my head. It's the new way, get used to it.

19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

MeTV and Hogan's Heroes... when TV was for entertainment more and indoctrination less. Or my stash of Max Headroom videos mixed with Idiocracy to see the future....

20. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

The Soprano's did that a decade ago!!! :D