1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

It’s 50 soldiers. 50. That’s it.

2. Fonda Dix

Ever notice it’s NEVER the hawkish folks kids who get sent to die in those shitholes for zero American gain?

SuddenBraking and jrsamples like this.
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

We need to resign our job as ME hall monitors.
    Let those directly affected waste their blood and treasure.

Banditracer, cav115 and Britt like this.
  4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

This.

Rico888 likes this.
  5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

IF you look at your personal income and don't see an increase...guess what THAT'S YOUR FUCKING FAULT....
    I have grown tired of assholes blaming others for their shortfalls...I made money with Clinton, Bush, Bush, Obama, & Trump...STFU and Get your ass to TheHustle.

I would love for the tax code to be simplified and rewritten, but guess what...it isn't happening, because it is "Too Hard"..and would cost the government too much money, people would see how they are getting Fucked 3ways to Sunday and it would be ugly...these days with DirectDeposit..people never handle CASH..so it is just numbers on a pay stub.

7. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I don't agree with Trump on this move. I understand wanting to remove us from a foreign conflict, but I do have a problem with us bailing on the Kurds. I don't know exactly what they were promised but it does seem like we are just abandoning them after they have been our only reliable allies in the middle east with the exception of Israel. Is it going to cause me to vote for one of the democrats? No, but I would like a better explanation of the decision and it is something I won't forget.

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Other than being a "peacekeeper" why were we there to begin with?
    Somehow after WW2 We became the worlds BigBrother and have been looked to to protect all the little brothers no matter how illegitimate the relation... it has to end somewhere.

9. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I'm not sure about this one and it's hard to have an educated opinion when there is so much conflicting information. But there is one thing I do know. Trump campaigned on this and is carrying out his promise so it is not a surprise and we should not treat it as such. If you voted for Trump, you voted for this knowing it was coming.

10. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with this. I do think that once we are involved and make commitments to other parties, we are under some obligation. Now, when it comes to the Kurds, I really
    I actually agree with both of these points and in general I agree with extracting ourselves from Syria. I just have some questions about our obligations to the Kurds. Perhaps I have an unwarranted affinity for their plight, but I have always had respect for them and feel like we owe it them to not leave them hanging. Then again, perhaps we have fulfilled our obligation and it is time for them stand on their own. Unfortunately, they do not have an air force and Turkey does so it won't be a fair fight.

blkduc likes this.
  11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Are these "commitments " never ending... ?? I mean geezus, going on close to 20yrs in the ME for what end.?
    Last time I checked, If you close the borders and pay attention at home.. we could be fairly "secure".

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The Kurds are not blameless in the regional strife,
    they need to make nice with some of their foes.

13. blkduc

I hear ya. I think we are not getting the whole story partly due to Trump being a horrible communicator and the MSM being communist assholes. The Kurds are not angels and have an obligation to find their place in the region. Right now Turkey is bombing them in N. Syria and saying they want them out of that region. Syria is telling the Kurds they want to ally with them which should mean give them a region to establish...not sure but hopefully.

I trust one thing about our Commander in Chief because he has demonstrated this, he listens to his Generals when they support his agenda. yeah I know this is debatable but the fact remains Trump wanted to destroy isis, then GTFO. He let our boys whoop ass, now he is getting them out. I think (wild ass guess) that Trump has told his generals the big plan and let them decide how to make it happen. This is the result. What we don't see is the talks behind the scenes with the players in the region. My gut tells me the Kurds knew this was coming, and we are not just throwing them out of a moving truck. They were told this was happening and have some sort of support. If Trump was a better communicator, he would put this into better perspective.

My gut says this because Trump can't afford for SHTF a year before election and he doesn't want us dragged back into a war regardless of an election...he has said for decades he wants us out of war. Maybe I'm wrong but I think Trump is relying on our generals and they probably have a better plan going than we are being told.

14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

It is easier under some and harder under others. Even within an administration there is ups and downs (economies are cyclical in nature). However your post is the good approach 100% of the time.

15. Fonda Dix

People need to understand the difference between the three different types of Kurds. The communist PKK are not the same as Iraqi Kurds.

Also it’s 50 troops. Only 50.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

I agree with trump on this. He’s doing what he clearly stated he would. The only other solution would be to stay there indefinitely which is not a good solution.

gixxerreese likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep and yep.

I don't disagree with her - but also don't totally disagree with what Trump is doing. Need a lot more info before I can figure out which way I'd go with it. I also have no problem with her disagreeing with Trump, nothing wrong at all with saying we should help allies not leave them in the lurch. However he may have more info than she does that makes it a good move.

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I’m still trying figure out what she said was enough to poke fun at her? I also don’t have the research but would mention the history of US helping allies but then leaving them in a lurch. Such as Ho Chi Min, Osama Bin L, etc. these seem to come back and bite us.

19. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

20. blkduc

So we've all seen how Trump overfills stadiums by the thousands all over the country. Check this out. He's here in (uber liberal) Minneapolis on Thursday. He will be at Target Center which holds 19,000. The Trump campaign has issued 70,000 tickets so far. This is Minneapolis! People have not been taking me seriously(don't doubt me again bitches)...he's turning MN red in 2020! :beer:

YamahaRick and Quicktoy like this.