1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

See, it's impossible for you to get specific.
    I don't see where you've identified any problem, yet you seem to think some solution needs to be found for no stated problem, and you won't even offer a solution.
    I ask you again, what are the specific problems you want to solve?
    Can we at least start there?

2. In Your Corner

I brought up all that before when he trotted out the Southern Strategy bullshit and he clammed right up.
    He really believes that all the Democrats and Republicans decided to change sides one year.

3. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

LMFAO. :crackup:

Please enlighten me on how I “sound ignorant”. I can’t wait to hear this.

4. In Your Corner

5. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I agree with both of these comments. The variable in ensuring that equality is people. Just because a law now says you can't discriminate on race doesn't in any way mean we have rid our society of racial discrimination. This, to me, is why this conversation will never be "over". It's a fools quest for perfection that we will never achieve, but our social contract as Americans says we must continue to push/fight for this equality.

Location is another huge division in American society and IMO is now larger than race and encompasses it in many respects. Social issues are magnified in a major American city where it is actually quite easy to see a disparity in access and opportunity. More rural areas don't have the same issues because there is only so much diversity and only so many things to access. Schools are an easy example because they exist everywhere. In rural districts all the kids go to the same public school or one of a couple private (likely Catholic) schools. Income disparity is likely low enough that even the less well-to-do in these areas can scrape and pony up for Catholic school if its of importance. Chicago public schools are an entirely different animal and private schooling is unfathomable to even middle class families due to the overall income disparity from top to bottom here. Point being, there may be equal access where you are but that doesn't mean there is equal access elsewhere.

Its a huge, multi-faceted issue with connections to many other commonalities and divisions in our country. I feel like its easy for me to see this as an unsolved and ongoing issue while raising a family in Chicago with my family in MI and my baby mamas family in Cajun country. Bless their heart, but my rural families on both sides don't know squat about what living with diversity is really like or what it should look like. My Chicago friends that are urban through and through have no idea what its like to tell people in southern Louisiana that they shouldn't "force" machismo on their boys.

So when one side of any large social debate declares that it is "over" or "settled", they should expect a massive backlash from the other side. I see this as how both Obama and Trump got elected honestly.

6. In Your Corner

All generalities, no specifics.
    Again.

7. Chino52405

Sorry buddy, no way to make this a simple topic where all can participate. You either have to acknowledge the breadth of what we are trying to accomplish socially as Americans or continue to be a pawn that can easily be divided and counted.

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't disagree that discrimination exists, and, quite frankly, always will. No matter how much we try not to see differences, it is a part of being human. How we react to those differences is all we can work on. I have relatives that were born and raised in Chicago. My observation is that yes you have more diversity, but it simply creates more diverse discrimination.

As an aside, I doubt that we would agree on the reasons that minorities are suffering.

TXFZ1 likes this.
  9. Chino52405

Creates more diverse discrimination and greater inclusivity all at the same time...it's really weird to be honest. And that is where class starts to enter urban/rural/white/black issues as well. We likely don't see eye to eye on all of the causes but I suspect we agree even less on the potential solutions :beer:

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I agree.:D

11. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Why do people stay in Chicago if their options there are limited?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depends on the group. Some are absolutely wanting more than equality. Same as BLM is.

Yep.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The hundreds of guardsmen and thousands of tons of supplies being flown in say otherwise. I even saw Lester Holt fly in with one of them. No mention of the commander in chief the entire time of course or the administration organizing it all :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So wait - you'd prefer he tweeted about the disaster in PR than actually do things to help them?

Wow. That's kind of fucked up.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Totally agree.

Nope, totally disagree. The man can tweet about anything he likes. Unless free speech is only for football players...

turner38 likes this.
  16. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Actually they can be fired for it, this is not a free speech issue.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow. Your hatred has made you more illogical than usual. He never said they should be jailed. He said the owners should use their right to hire or fire their employees. He made it clear he finds it disrespectful. Just as the players are using this whole thing to express their feelings. He never said word one about their rights.

dtalbott likes this.
  18. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Why is it so hard for people to grasp this fact? This is not a free speech issue.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Who has said anywhere they do not have that right?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The firing part isn't for sure. The whole thing overall is - and no one has been censored by the government or penalized in any way by the government so the right to free speech is being upheld as it should be.