1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tracks and greedy power costs

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

NASCAR owned tracks are pretty cool with all that. But they also have a different perspective on expenses and make enough money on their NASCAR race(s) to not worry about maximizing profit on every other event they do all year. Different business plan for sure.

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  2. :crackup:

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well it also gives all you people that live in crappy weather places a chance to get your winter fix. That is why Chuckwalla has a winter series every year, October through April. A lot of people come from out of state and even leave their trailers at Chuckwalla and fly back and forth.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I can also see a track like Homestead that probably has car and motorcycle events on track 300+ days a year (no idea, just a guess based on a few conversations I had down there) not having to charge for oxygen because they have a much longer season than a lot of the northeast tracks and the cost of business per day averages out lower.

Banditracer and Boman Forklift like this.
  5. Its not the tear-offs that bother me, its the posts on the shield in my peripheral that distract me.

But most importantly. :moon:

bleacht likes this.
  6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

This left me floored after observing all the electric work done over the years there by AMF (any mudda fugga) Electric.

TurboBlew likes this.
  7. Boman Forklift

I mistakenly flew Spirit Airline. They actually charge you:
    $45 to carry on a bag and $40 to check it.
    $100 if you check the bag at the gate
    $10 to print a boarding pass at the airport vs. printing at home
    $1 to $50 for the seat assignment
    $12 to $199 for the bigger seat in the front row

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I can see where those folks would be so strapped for cash they need to save the hook-up fees.

9. Boman Forklift

No problem, I see today is R Acree I want to argue/bitch day!!!!

Cheers!!

Bruce likes this.
  10. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

The Surge Guard 40240 would be a comparable unit to the Progressive unit that I linked to. I have no idea which model is in the Death Star.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Boooyahh!!! :D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Jennings power has always been interesting - they used to have 50 amps out in the field for rv's. Then they decided those should be split into 30 amp outlets. Okay, fine by me, I've got a 2-30amp to one 50amp adapter. Yeah, that doesn't work when they did the positive and negative wiring wrong in one of their 30amp outlets... Still have the melted adapter somewhere.

There is a 50amp outlet on the main box in the paddock by the tower, that is wired correctly because I bought it and installed it :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  13. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

The issue with that is then people want to know where all their money is going. I just paid you 200 to get in...where does all that go? How is it broken down? YOU may not feel that way, but there are just as many out there that do.

On top of that...the people running the gate (especially over night) are often not the people who make the pricing decisions. And the gate folks are probably not told why the those fees are being imposed, so they make stuff up.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No matter what you do, someone is not going to be happy.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is beyond true.

16. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Was that the same weekend that someone rolled your pit vehicle???

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

What is funny is how those shitty "discount" airlines are doing a booming business because people do not bother to add up all of the extras and spend as much or more than they would flying one of the majors and having better flight options. All in the name of saving $50...:D

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep! Rolling the QUV was after we moved things to the edge of lake Jennings :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm just liking Delta letting me search and compare flight costs for economy comfort rather than having it as an add on later. I can do less legroom for shorter flights but out to Vegas or LA my legs just don't fit.

20. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

:crackup: Oh the memories.