1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To address John Cooks misinformation on facetubes...

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nothing new on the wife, now he's doing passive aggressive about helping save roadracing so he could make an incorrect post about WERA losing money at Cycle Jam to make us look bad. It's really amusing all in all so I figured I'd play some :D

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I do a lot of the internet stuff sitting across the room from her sharing the funny stuff so it works out pretty well. That and you're mean if you wish my full attention on that poor woman 24/7. I wouldn't do that to anyone much less someone I love :D

Boman Forklift and panthercity like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For our stuff we have to get a set amount to pay the bills. We could do no gate fee at some track although most of them set the fee themselves and we get part of it. Some we get none, some we get all of it. The 20-25 for the weekend is average so we try to do that at all tracks to keep it consistent. We could charge nothing at some tracks but then we'd have to up the entry fees to make up the difference - and at most tracks there are some spectators which goes into the pot as a whole and helps us keep fees down per rider. Yes it hits riders with larger families harder but you've got more people using the facilities and enjoying the racing. 12 and under is free everywhere we run too so no uppercuts :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Three day event, rider crew was $30, I think the spectator fee was $40. You got 10 hours of pretty solid action each day.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We were talking about the practice day only I believe.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I agree it sucks but we can't do anything when we allow camping. Also seriously - 30 bucks for two days at the track is outrageous when a single set of tires is 400? I don't get that at all. My first event was 10 bucks for two days. That was in 1987. We're only double that more than 30 years later.

Sorry but I truly don't understand how anyone can get upset over the gate fees at our races compared to well, anything else you pay for. I agree it sucks about paying the same and getting less but not the amount and even not the amount being 30 for two days.

Repeater and sheepofblue like this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depends on the track.

8. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Because I only needed one day.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry but to me it's you attended the event, the event is 3 days. I am sorry you couldn't stay longer. And I do wish we could do a one day pass. But it's the same thing that screwed over the vintage guys for decades.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    drop likes this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not to diminish what John did for you, but this statement is contrary to every other report I've read on this board about racers helping other racers.

11. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

On the gate fee, I will NEVER understand people who race or track day motorcycles who will break at an additional $10 or $20. And its not the orgs problem that you breed like a rabbit and have a big crew to pay for. Sorry, its not a sport for people without money. It may have been in the past but those days are over. You wont be playing Polo, glider racing, or racing the America's Cup on a budget either.

turbulence likes this.
  12. I do think some of the tracks' fees are ridiculous. I am not saying they will break me from going, but some of them are ridiculous IMO.

Especially at places like Barber where they have high individual fees for the gate, camping, and power. By the time im done with all of that, im 3 bills deep...and it is just me and the wife.

I can power my whole house for almost a month on what some of these tracks charge for a weekend. When you multiply that fee x all of the spots using it, they have to be making a killing just off the power fees.

418 likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

As for the tracks charging to watch races or to hang out, the tracks gotta pay the bills somehow.

14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Found this picture of Mongo on the net :D

[​IMG]

418 and ChemGuy like this.
  15. drop

drop Well-Known Member

That was my only thing. Hell had I been there three days, it's a bargain.

16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You could do like CCS, which is 30 (think) up front but if you turn in your wrist band before a certain time on Friday you get $20 back.

17. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Ahhh, the good old days.

I remember when race fees were $40 for the 1st race you entered, $20 for the second, $10 for the 3rd, and free for everything beyond that. I entered 7 races the first weekend I had a license (at Rockingham.)

I guess that's not possible now, is it?

ToofPic likes this.
  18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Certainly not at Rockingham.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Breaking news.
    This just in.
    Racing is expensive. :D

flygirl, Miguel812, cav115 and 5 others like this.
  20. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

And dangerous!

Miguel812, MELK-MAN and G 97 like this.