1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To address John Cooks misinformation on facetubes...

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

A pit pass for one night of racing at most local short tracks (cars) is $25-30 per person. Kids same.

Be thankful. 15-20 ain’t bad at all for what you get. Imo

2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Your missing out on the ocasional good rant.

Shenanigans likes this.
  3. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

He's come after me and my wife as well... and to be honest, if that puts us in the same company as Sean and Evelyne, that's good company to be in.

At least that's the way I look at it. :D

t

4. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

if it was me.no problemo .my wife de gloves come off upper cuts ala broome. she doesnt deserve that Sh*t.

baconologist likes this.
  5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Dude he’s ranting about trying to get everyone at Barber to let him have Trackdays because y’all have a monopoly.

He’s so full of shit

R/T Performance and mastermind like this.
  6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Sean, not that i have any dog in this fight, but i swear i saw you post that even with the good attendance at RA a couple weeks ago, you said "still lost $7,000".. i can't honestly remember if it was in a post here, or on FB, but i'm quite positive i saw you post that somewhere. If not , my bad.. but that post really stuck out in my mind as i saw some nice grids on Bryan Land's videos.
    Had NO idea that facility was so expensive to rent..

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

In the thread asking about a practice day at Barber, Sean said referencing the RA Practice day...even with 120 riders we still lost 7K or so.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  8. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Don't you pre-pay to participate though? So you can pay to be in the race, spend all your money getting there, then be denied into the event you already paid to be a part of so everyone who paid just to get in will have something to watch? Seems a bit messed up regardless if its how its been done before.

rcarson15 and drop like this.
  9. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I may be out of the loop, but . . .

Whoo the fook is John Cook?

ToofPic and Sabre699 like this.
  10. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Racer, trackday operator, bike salesman, comedian

418 likes this.
  11. drop

drop Well-Known Member

30 per person. And all I needed was a one day pass, as I was leaving saturday night. But that wasn't an option.

12. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

The camping/overnight thing really screws up pre-Sunday spectating since a single day pass usually isn't available for tracks that do camping. My parents gladly pay the gate fees but I can see a car full of family being steep if they are there to support a friend/family member and otherwise aren't much into racing. Not really a WERA problem as a track logistics issue, I assume.

noles19 and rcarson15 like this.
  13. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I'll pass. Him and Clarence are gone, i don't need that kind of crazy

jeremy dunn likes this.
  14. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Met Clarence at Tally. He’s a piece of work.

Shenanigans likes this.
  15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

16. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought gate fees were charged by the track and that those fees stayed with the track.

418 likes this.
  17. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Ok here I come :D yea I got two maybe 1 cents worth on this. Opinions are like...well you can fill in the rest.

John Cook is and will always be my friend. Why do you ask well I’m gonna tell you.

Let’s go back to 2015 Talladega National race weekend. I was racing in A class Superstock and Superbike. Done it many times since coming back in 2013. Only this weekend we had a first time expert on the grid. Fast forward to end of day one Saturday A superbike, I’m in 4th position in behind the fast guys won’t name them you know who they are. If you don’t just stay on the bbs and fall out of touch completely with racing. 2nd lap into the bowl I get knocked the fuck out from the rear. If you have ever been hit like this well you know it’s like a WTF moment. I went off the back and flew literally in the air off the super elevated turn there into the middle of that grass field. I got up instantly not knowing where I was. Couldn’t breathe, wind knocked out, then my right hand was hurting and my rib cage. Looked around and couldn’t find my bike at all, saw the offender crawling with his pos trackside. Then I spot my bike all the way to the tire barrier. Walked to it getting my air back and really hurting everywhere.

Fast forward my bike ghost rode to water standing puddle and just low sided. Nothing wrong with it but muddy. I couldn’t pick it, corner worker who I know from another freak accident near this turn a year before picked the bike up. I refused medical, I was hurt but I’ve been there it wasn’t life threatening. I ride back to pit with Scott. Several people converge on my pit, John cook and Tim Vosnick are the main two. I’m up in the toy hauler when tim says let’s get the gear off. That’s when I started having trouble breathing, remember the losing my breathe in crash. Unknowing Id broke 2 ribs. I take pain good I’ve had it my whole life riding dirt and growing up on motorcycles.

As I tell tim I can’t breathe John is at the door of toy hauler, he said we are going to the hospital, he grabs my wife and me and before I know it I’m in the back of his truck and In minutes I’m at Anniston regional. They steered me to the sitting area but John told them I couldn’t breathe, boom I’m in a room in seconds. He left us and told my wife to keep him updated he’d come back and get us. And he did broke away from his deal at the track where he was feeding a slew of people bbq to come back and get us. Literally toted me up into the toy hauler. Next morning I had more than enough help to load up my stuff to get it back to Ms. Even had a MS racer forfeit his races that day to drive my rig home cause my wife can’t drive truck and 30’ trailer.

The one who caused this shit who I watched ride his mfuking bike to tech Sunday morning never looked at me and never offered to help pick up a pitbull stand much less anything else, yea he knows we ain’t never going to eat dinner together. Karma is a big bitch though. She will come hunting.

So back to John, I don’t give a shit if he hates Wera, STT, god, the devil, bbs, the guy helped me when no one else would.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. Carry on with the pitchfork bullshit and screwdriver dumbassery as firvwhar happens in Facebook I don’t have it and never will so y’all go fight it out on that social plague.

As for typos I did this on a phone so shoot me later I don’t care, my story was worth telling to the couch crowd.

As for gate fees I don’t give a shit about those. Pay it and go race.

18. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

nailed it

19. How much do people pay to go see a movie that only lasts 2hrs?

The gate fee is relatively cheap when you are talking about a whole weekend of entertainment.

But with that being said, if we are talking about a whole family to come watch for one afternoon, I can see how it would be expensive and not worth it. So it depends on how many people you are paying for, and how long you plan on being there. I wouldn't pay $200+ to take my family to watch 4-5hrs of racing. For that kind of money I would go to a waterpark or something.

Boman Forklift, VFR#52 and kangasj like this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Honestly not sure, I'll try to find out when we get there this afternoon. I wimped out at 11 last night and hit a rest area in Kentucky.