1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on V6HW V7HW class structure

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Outsider V6 V7, Nov 21, 2019.

1. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

So if you knew the answer then why did you ask?
    You do know it's better to ask forgiveness than for permission?
    Its vintage.
    The whole objective was to get more racers on grid and make V7HW more in line with ARHMA.
    At least that's the way I read it.
    Sorry I guess I took the part about FI and mixed it with V7MW.
    I apologize.
    So come show up In V7HW and grid up.

Steven

2. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

First, I didn't ask anything, you incorrectly stated that the 98/99FI bikes would not be allowed and I corrected you to try to stop the confusion you keep causing by mixing things up.

Second, this is from earlier in this same thread that you keep responding to and adding input even though you are obviously not reading it or paying attention in any way.

3. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Ok then kiss my ass and come race.
    That what you want?
    I apologized so if that not good enough kiss my ass.
    So how many times you actually race in V7HW in last 5 yrs?
    Cause I've never seen you on grid at any race ive run.
    See again I've been racing class and I actually have a dog in this fight because I'm racing it.
    Now you if you like to argue about anything.
    Line up on grid and we can settle whatever your issues are with me there.
    Have a wonderful day.

Steven

4. ScottyRock155

After all of your objections about people touching your bike with sensitive bits it seems you'd be a little more careful about asking people to kiss things.

And you're right, I've never raced in V7HW in the last 5 years with a bike that became legal yesterday. You got me good Sherlock.

5. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Bahhhahahhaha.
    See you on grid.

Steven

ScottyRock155 likes this.
  6. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Kids, don't make me pull this car over. LOL So I had some communications with Sean before he left for Cali and I think we are both on the same page. So let me summarize our discussion. There was initially some confusion on displacement in V6HW and I repeat V6HW only, in regards to displacement. Sean thought all I only wanted to extend the year to 92 which left the big bore bikes in V6HW, that was not my intent. The intent was to match AHRMA on Next Gen 1 and adhere to the 750cc limit. For those who may be ass chapped about this I'd ask where have you been for the last 10 years as it's only been Ray Hickman and I in this class. So once Sean and I clarified this, the confusion was eliminated. In his defense I probably should have written the proposal more clearly to specify. So the rule would read 85-92 750cc machines, inline four and V configuration 4 cylinders allowed 2.o mm overbore. Ducati 851 and 888 up to 1000cc's. The only performance indexed bike into this class is the 93-95 Water Cooled GSXR 750's. NO OTHERS. If confused please go read AHRMA rules for Next Generation Superbike. For the MW guys this does not mean you can run an F2 in V6HW as a bump up, that is not the intent of the class. Here's the reasoning behind the statement. WERA ran a V6MW class which I believe was dissolved this year so in order to bump up from a class there has to be a class. Secondly, for those of us who have raced V6HW and V7MW for the last 20 + years, you know we are on the track at the same time so nothing should change. For those who never lived that ERA, at the time there was NOT a significant performance advantage for the 750's of this era vs the 600cc machines. In the new format, I'm sure several of the current WERA v7MW bikes probably make more HP than my 1986 GSXR 750 so I ask that you behave when you pass me. WE ARE NOT IN THE SAME CLASS. So are we clear on that? Great!!! Now lets move on to V7HW and I repeat only V7HW.
    The Big bore bikes that were previously eligible for V6HW ie, Ray and I's, 7/11 Suzuki's, are now only legal in V7HW.
    The Pre 96 Unlimited Superbikes/ Formula bikes that were currently legal in V7 are still legal in V7. That includes the two stroke TZ, RS and other ring dings.
    The 96-99 Suzuki SRAD 750's also now legal for V7 in either Carb or EFI design. Must use same size throttle bodies as delivered when running EFI.
    The 93-96 YZF 750's are legal
    The TL 1000's S or R are legal
    The First Generation Aprilia RSV Mille, Mille R, Haga Edwards Replica 1000 are legal
    The ZX7 93-I believe 2001 are legal.
    The Honda RC 45 is legal if you want to dust it off and put it on the track.
    The Honda RC51
    The Ducati 851,888 916, 996 are legal all must use DesmoQuatro engines only. No Testatretta engines or components allowed
    The kawasaki ZRX 1100-1200 1998-2003
    The Bandit 1200 oil cooled
    I know I'm forgetting something so if we've discussed in the thread previously that it would be legal, then it should be legal.

Now here is what I know about the V7MW class and only the V7MW class. There was some discussion about including the SRAD 600 into V7WM based on performance indexing from the people who have ridden V7MW for the last few years. I don't know if it passed but if it did then those bikes would be eligible for V7HW. To clarify, they are not legal for V6HW as there is no V6MW class.
    I've also discussed this with Mitch Cato and like the direction the newly formed committee is headed. The way we increase participation in the US is to have more common classes across organizations. Sean has strategically scheduled events that don't conflict with AHRMA. For those who don't follow that circuit across the US, I encourage folks to cross over organizations. In addition, I encourage racers in these classes to pit near one another and at least act like you are having fun. Anyone caught being a dick or babbling on about someone else racing is subject to a private trailer meeting with Mongo and I. Nobody wants to be involved with a bunch of whiny bitches who can't get along. Make it look fun and others will join, make it look like a shit show and we will be responsible for killing obsolete vintage. OK, I'm off my soap box now so enjoy the rest of your day and look forward to seeing all your smiling faces at the track.
    Eboz

jksoft and Dyle like this.
  7. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Sweet but as far as you being in another class while on track.
    I will extend the same courtesy you have given me while racing on track.
    Bahhhahahhaha that's none.
    Bahhhahahhaha.
    But I pass you clean anyway Sir if I can pass you. Lol
    And yes from what Sean said the 600 Srads are in at V7 MW.
    Maybe it will help grow the grids because there is so many still out there.
    I sure hope this is a start to rebuilding Wera Vintage for the future.
    Cause it's been pretty slim on grids last 8 yrs.
    Thanks for clarifying everything.
    See everyone on the grid this yr.

Steven

8. ScottyRock155

Once again, you are the man and we appreciate the work you've put into this. I look forward to being back out there this year.

9. Outsider V6 V7

After receiving a text from someone anonymous asking who had pissed on my cheerios this morning I reread my post. it was not intended to offend just to clarify. The first year of the Next Gen 1 class in AHRMA was a blood bath and several people walked away from the class at that time. I being old and stubborn said I'm just going to keep racing until it gets sorted. Several people worked together and cleared up one class and started another. My point is that if after this year something isn't right then lets work together and figure it out. It takes all kinds and I've raced against most people on this thread and consider them friends. Okay Stork are you feeling better about this post, my coffee finally kicked in. Look forward to seeing and laughing with everyone, including Mike Burns if he ever gets a bike. LOL

TLR67 and RRP like this.
  10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

ya crabby bitch... :crackup:

Outsider V6 V7 likes this.
  11. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Hey on bright side you cleared up the confusion.
    Which was badly needed I may add.
    And as much as I'm not a hugh fan to add these bikes to a class that I race in and can hurt my racing finishes .
    I'm all for it because me and Eboz actually raced when we had 10+ people on grids in vintage back in the day.
    And while the hard core guys are still here the vintage classes are very light on grid and some classes no one even enters.
    We may be older but the fun is still there and we need to start somewhere to help grow vintage back up.
    This is a hugh step to make this happen.
    Now to get that 900 motor to fit in my F3 I will be competitive in V7HW.

Steven

12. Outsider V6 V7

Steve for reference the first time we raced together in modern vintage I believe was 2000. You were on the VFR 750 and I was on the 86 limited, dry clutched gsxr 750. no need to post results, I got spanked. LOL

13. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Why yes we did. Great times and truthfully your bikes never finished races or ran well.
    So that was main problem.
    But you did have great hotshots at No Problem. Lol
    Sure miss Chip out there racing with us.
    But I see this whole deal as an opportunity to get more people into vintage.
    Going to be so much fun if some more people show up.

Steven

Dyle likes this.
  14. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

So all this V6-7 smack talkin'.............who's planning on gridding up at Summit? I admit, i'm more confused now with whatever the issue is here in the thread. Too many long posts to read on whats changed ........or not changed. Will the rulebook be updated soon so people that don't waste time here on the beebs, can read the updated eligible bikes,years,etc.?

15. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Go up 6 replies from yours and Eboz explains it so us common folk can understand.
    He did a really nice job doing it too.
    So let's all thank him for this.
    Because we are going to have to beat up on him on track.
    BOOM!

Steven

16. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

the first 2 events of 2020 have V6MW in the Schedule. this is wrong?

17. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

6LW i guess along w/ 4 and 5

18. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

If I can convince a few of my buddies up there to do the endurance, I’ll bring the 51 and you can whup on me. It’s a long damn drive though.

19. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Rc51? You’ll be gone in no time compared a to an FZR600.

20. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

I really hope you're on crack with that statement...V5 and V6MW are the best classes that my vintage bike fits into.