1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

One of the guys on the PRL forum will post up a highlight reel of the race.

2. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

We're moving this weekend or I'd give a go at doing an edit up. Seems like it will be pretty tough but we'll see. I won't be at the next race. Heading to Vegas as Pops is having surgery.

3. nsouza707

nsouza707 Well-Known Member

Any of you guys racing Petit Le Mans next weekend?

4. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Good luck with pops.

5. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Thanks brother! Pinched nerve in neck so they need to put a bracket on it to relieve the pressure. One of those big but not major surgeries.

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I was thinking about doing 2 2nd race in the Merc. Big problem is that I suck @ Road Atlanta.

7. nsouza707

nsouza707 Well-Known Member

One of my favorite tracks.

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I've raced there several times liked it a lot better before they put the chicane in. I'm not good at blind corners.
    Had iRacing not added IR to special events, I would run it solo .

9. 600 dbl are

Mine as well even though it is the complete opposite of the type of tracks that I prefer to race on. Went over some telemetry with Overbay and Kenny the other night and saw some errors in my driving style along with a huge error in my braking style. Trying to re-learn how to brake is.....interesting.

10. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Ok, I got a Samsung Odyssey VR headset and it is awesome. I do have one question, does anyone else with a VR rig get nauseous when driving? I can play for a long time in games that I can stand and move, but driving just messes with me. Anything any of you have done to overcome this?

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Dramamine...

Also once you start to feel sick stop...don't try to push through it. According to all the guys you will adjust over time.

12. backcountryme

That is good to hear. In all honesty I only started to really feel queasy when I flipped a sprint car a couple of times. Now I’m looking at building a damn seat rig. Ha.

13. 600 dbl are

You have to pace yourself.

I had the same problem when I first started in VR. I would run for about 15 minutes, take a half hour break. Run another 15-20 minutes and take another break. Eventually your body will adjust. I've run triple stints in an endurance race (almost 3 hours) in VR without any issues.

backcountryme likes this.
  14. backcountryme

Good to hear. Man, it brings a whole new dimension to Iracing. I ended up getting the Samsung on a whim. It was used twice and only cost me $240. I am glad I got it.

15. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Yup, dramamine, and close your eyes when you're crashing and tumbling. That still gets me.

16. 600 dbl are

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-supersampling-windows-mixed-reality

Couple things about this. 1. If you increase SS and it crashes the program, odds are you will need to upgrade the power supply. 2. It taxes both the GPU and the CPU in iRacing. Not sure what hardware you are running. It helps with clarity and screen door effect.

17. backcountryme

I have a Ryzen 5 1600x, a GTX 1080, and 16gb system ram. It isn’t a hardware issue. Iracing runs at over 120fps on my 4K monitor fully maxed. I’ll check into the super sampling deal though. Thanks.

18. backcountryme

Ha, I just read that article and it specifically mentioned the set I have. It already has the highest resolution of the sets, so super sampling may not do much. Ha.

19. 600 dbl are

It will still help, a lot.

20. backcountryme

Tried it last night, Didn't really notice much of an improvement. I am noticing that I do not feel nauseous as bad now though. I guess I just needed to get used to the whole VR thing. I can say it is awesome though. So much easier to race in traffic when you know exactly where the cars around you are.

600 dbl are and code3ryder like this.