1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

On top of that I find it easier to look through the corners. I always had a problem finding the curbing with monitors.
    VR is so much better .

backcountryme and code3ryder like this.
  2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

What's interesting is in the open wheel cars, I'm just as fast on triples as I am VR. In the LMP1 I need to be in VR as I'm about a second off my pace on triples. Not sure why. I did run some laps in a GTE car last night but it had been so long since I raced one I can't tell if my shitty times were because of inexperience or because of triples (plus it didn't help I was in the RSR instead of the 488 GTE).

Both modes have their ups and downs. In VR you are limited to 110° FOV, but you can (obviously) turn your head. In triples the FOV is beyond my peripheral vision, which is nice. In VR the scaling of the vehicles feels better. In triples the resolution is infinitely better. I am going to wait and see how the Pimax 5K and 8K pan out. If they are as good as they are hyped up to be I will look into upgrading down the road. Right now I have a case of Broomeittus where I wanna upgrade errthang and I need to slow my roll before the wife catches on :crackup:

backcountryme likes this.
  3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I am infinitely better in the midgets and sprints with VR. I did run a street stock race and it was better then with a monitor, but not by much. I think it is because the street stock is a closed cockpit and you don’t see much other then just ahead of you.

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Holy F^@k am I glad that season is over with

5. Mphile77

Mphile77 Well-Known Member

I’m searching for a lot lizard named Fraley, is this the right place?

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Did you see who recently signed up.
    The current Tuesday night champ.
    Still waiting for @code3ryder to sign up

7. Mphile77

I just hope the Thursday night league don’t become the Tuesday night league. The Thursday night crew is more layed back, and there way less drama and incidents. Fingers crossed...

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Totally got my ass handed to me.
    Ben ended up in 3rd for the season.
    That's just how fast the new guys are.
    I joined the Wednesday league just so I could keep racing with PRL, as I'm not much of a Skippy fan.
    Did some laps @ Sebring this morning in the Radical. Either I'm going to have to turn my seat FFB way down or join some of the other idiots and install a harness. Bouncing all over the place. Not sure if changing the setup will help.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

do you all still do iRacing? haven't seen the thread bumped in some time.

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

11. Mphile77

We are here

12. 600 dbl are

Kenny's been working on the house and nursing a shoulder injury. Mark has been rebuilding his PC and getting goodies delivered to his house every other day. Fraley is busy being an HMFIC while still working the truck stops at night. Nick is a fast fucker and we had fun racing some Mazdas around Tsukuba last night but no one likes him because he's so fast. Charlie is slowly making his way back into the realm since the season is over but spends his days installing tractor trailer horns on large Groms. Ritchie is busy learning how to be a male slave to his soon to be wife but he likes boobies. Kenning is a Cali commie and we don't care for his kind ('grats on the podium!).

assjuice cyrus and BigBird like this.
  13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Any of you homos planning on doing the endurance race ?

14. Venom51

Kenny put pad and rotors on the wife's Volvo on Sunday. I made it take 3 times as long by offering to teach a neighbor how to do a brake job. My legs and shoulder were shot Monday and Tuesday....

BigBird likes this.
  15. 600 dbl are

I plan on it.

16. 600 dbl are

Isn't it easier teaching idiots like myself how to do things through team viewer? :D

17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

GTE or Radical ?

18. backcountryme

I have been racing some, just not in the same things y'all are doing. Mostly midgets and sprints. Been off for a few weeks though due to work travel.

19. Venom51

You need to come run the radicals with us tonight....

20. backcountryme

Would love to, but I am about 2000 miles from my setup. Ha. I am traveling in Ontario right now for work. Won't be back in Calgary for about a week.