1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Just like the real thing. :D

2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Man, I am so hooked its not funny. If you guys don't atleast try it out on, you are missing out.

Speaking of that, Hey @rob linders You make it to the pc store yet???:D:D

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

What Video card did you end up going with Matt ?
    Not only do you need monitors, but you will also need a monitor mount and something to secure it.
    You have G27 or 29 wheel and pedals ?

4. assjuice cyrus

I have the gtx-1060 card and the g27 wheel and pedals.

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

You're going to spend close to $1000 for decient monitors & mount.
    Should you decide to go that route, I have an http://shop.ergotechgroup.com/100-series-stands/ Triple Monitor TW Stand - Flush Mount
    I
    t works fine on monitors smaller than 27. I could not get the proper FOV with my 27's.
    As I said before, I have a set of modified pedals. Brake is Perfect Pedal, clutch and fuel have stronger Nixim springs.
    You can try them, they are set up to be hung {GT Style} and would no way work with the carpet hooks.
    There are mods for the wheel also. I did it to mine before I sold it. It helped some.
    I highly suggest you get yourself an Amazon Prime membership if you don't have one already.
    I've tested so many things and sent them back when I was not happy with the results.
    OCULUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

At this point why would you spend the money for 3 monitors over VR? Is there any benefit / drawback either way?

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Depends on how stubborn one is.
    I bought my about a year ago because I was having issues with one of my monitor's display port.
    Up until the latest update, it was not that great. Lots of tearing and focus issues. It was hard to multitask while driving.
    With the current build, things are much improved. Only issue I have now is minor "screen door effect". And I can certainly
    live with that.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Because I am unwilling to sit with that thing on my head for the amount of time I spend running. I can't imagine a 4 hour endurance event would be very comfortable. Once the tech improves further and the need to wear a scuba mask goes away then I'll give it a whirl. Gary seems to like it but I'm going to stick with my monitors until the tech matures further.

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I'm planning on running several multi hour stints @ the Ring tomorrow & Sunday.

10. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I found much humor in the possibility of sitting out a session of video games because of injuries :D

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Certainly can't sit it a race seat for any length of time with a bad back.
    Can't fully depress a hydraulic brake with a pulled hammy.

12. assjuice cyrus

Ok, lets talk about this pedal setup you got! I know I will need a better brake pedal soon. I manage to do ok, but I need to have some more feel.
    What are you gonna want for them?

I cant stand shit on my head that long. I had the googles that came with the Samsung phones and while it was cool after about 15 to 20 mins I was ready to get them things off my head.

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I'm really not interested in selling them.
    The pedals I'm using won't work with PS3, which I have all kinds of racing games for.
    You can however borrow them until you figure out what you want to do.
    I value them at close to $500, so you break them .... :)
    And like I said, you will need to make a mount for them.
    I used a piece of plywood, bolted to my rig, which at the time was made out of wood. Sim Rig.jpg

14. assjuice cyrus

Thank you for your offer, But I don't feel right about trying something out and not being able to buy them. While it is more then worth $500 for $300 I might go with the Cv3 pedals.

I wouldn't want anything to happen during shipping or anything. But THANK YOU! I wouldn't expect anybody to loan something with a valve like that.

The monitors I was looking at were $150 each. then I am think I could make some kind of mount for them. Worse case, I know this cool dude in the ATL with a kick ass machine!!! ;);)

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Those are the stock pedals, just inverted.
    Had to find where this #$##@% computer put the other files.
    Perfect Pedal Mod $200
    Nixim springs $65
    Tilton Pedals $40
    G27-1.JPG

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Nope. I'm currently wasting my money on a 250 superkart and a Suzuki dragbike.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You'd get along fine with just a perfect pedal if you can find one for sale. Keep an eye on the hardware section of the iRacing forums. But for just a little more the V3's are a good option.

18. assjuice cyrus

Bam!!!

Yea, I got that D!

O, I mean D License....:D

19. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Quoted for posterity. :D

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Now get to 4.0 before tomorrow and you can drive my Audi in the Nurburg 24