1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Just over 20 hours left and I'm in P42 :) out of 55 starters.
    Time for a rest.

2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Thats crazy man...

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Which part, the 20 hours or what place he is in?

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I'm running it by myself, which if I ran the whole thing would be DQed, as there is supposed to be at least 3 drivers. Only reason I'm doing it is to get my A Class license back.
    I started from the pits, and really took my time coming out of them trying to be last one out.
    No one wanted to go. But before T6, there was already a big crash. I was only doing 2 laps stints as I had to open my shop. Once my help got it, I went back on track. I was 9 laps down when I posted my position. Just got back from a long as drive, so once I tap a short nap, I get back in.

5. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

That is crazy.

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I'm starting to really Fug up. Losing concentration @ this track is costly.
    Been driving for 2 hours straight, moved up to P33

7. assjuice cyrus

Man, these non driving assholes are starting to piss me off...:D

I'm still hooked and try to practice about every night, but man it suck when you get taken out of an official race, because people don't know how to give other people some room.

I was doing ok there for awhile ranking my D up :)crackup:) but I took a break and was driving the sprint cars and got pretty good at those, then wwent back and trying to rank up some more but these sorry ass drivers screw me up, and either take me out or wreck in front of me and I got no where to go and slam into them.

I did get the z1 dashboard the other night, and damn that's awesome. Still gotta figure all that out, and I need the venom to answer a question for me about setting it up. BUt still enjoying this game a lot.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I told you it would get frustrating. I have a graduation to attend this evening but after 9pm I should be able to hop on for a bit.

9. assjuice cyrus

Cool, I got a pretty dumb question that I just cant seem to figure out last night got tired and went to bed. Ill text you a pic, I have added a monitor above my tv for z1 dashboard, and that works great, I would like to be able to run the z1 on a tablet in front of my wheel with different info. The issue is, I can get the monitor, and tablet to run the same screen at the same time, but not run different screens. What I am trying to do is run the track info on monitor above tv and gauges and gear info on the tablet. If that makes sense?

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

One of the fastest iRacing driver's in the world uses a $500 setup and 1 22" screen. That kid went on to win a spot in Miata Spec racing. So it doesn't seem you need a lot to get started, so if I move, I may setup a little iRacing computer setup.

11. Venom51

No.. You don't "need" a mega-dollar setup to be successful in iRacing. It's just like anything racing related. You may not need the fancy stuff but in some cases it makes it a better experience or more comfortable.

BigBird likes this.
  12. assjuice cyrus

You really don't need a lot. Buuuuuut just like anything, it is fun to tinker and make it your own. I will say, I was surprised, on how much the data info has helped me. I will say, for only having the z1 for a couple days, I am happy with the 25 dollar purchase.

BigBird likes this.
  13. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I'm late to the party here, but I was going to suggest a Commodore 64. Would that work...?

14. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has been addresed further down this thread:
    Do you not notice this with your wheel/pedal setups? Many years ago, I went out and bought an XBox360 and their gaming wheels and pedals. All the reviews I read said that the wheel was pretty good, but I couldn't use it due to the lag. I tried for an entire weekend, and I just couldn't get over the fact that I had to guess when the car was going to break free, because the lag made me too late to react after a slide. I took it back after 3 days of annoyance, and went back to the joystick, which never had that issue. I just think it's odd that no one else complained about that, and the guys at GameStop were shocked by my complaint too.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

The Xbox wheel was actually pretty good, but you have to really adjust the settings based on the game. Getting used to a wheel sometimes takes more than a week. I know initially I was slower with the wheel, but then evened out. I do think I am faster with the joystick, but I've never really had a good setup or space for a wheel/seat. The couch and a pvc stand was as good as it got.

16. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I was playing Forza 3 or 4 when I had it. The only issue I had was the lag between when I turned the wheel and when it moved. Was that something that was adjustable?

17. Venom51

What are you using for a display? TV? Most have so much post processing of the image before it gets to the screen that they create a bunch of lag.

18. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

At the time I think I still had a Samsung DLP. I never noticed the lag on any tv when using a controller. It was only the wheel that had the lag.

Do you guys experience any wheel lag on iracing?

19. Venom51

20. Venom51

Check your DLP for the ability to shut off any image post processing. Some of them have a "Game mode" setting that kills it all. I can't say for sure it's not the Xbox wheel but I also can't say for sure that it is the source of the lag.