1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The ohio drivers sux thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave Wolfe, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Heck I was in Pittsburgh for 10 yrs. I mostly saw the ohioans on the pennsylvania turnpike.

2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

To misquote Mark Twain: "The longest day I ever spent was an hour in Seattle traffic."

rwdfun likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? - George Carlin

Joisey is stupidland. Signs on the turnpike that say keep right unless to pass. Everyone drives in the left lane and never pass a damn thing.

Cannoli likes this.
  4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Worst driving states are the ones with the most furriners. It’s a fact.

It is terrible everywhere and if you don’t think so it’s because you are one of them.

5. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

If you want bad drivers, head north to Michigan. If the drivers don't piss you off, the roads surely will.

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I like to bust on the Hoosiers but we have some good peeps here that live in Indiana so I try to be gentle.

Kentucky has the best...hell, we gave you all the Waltrips:D

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

And now you bastards won't take them back!

R Acree and rd400racer like this.
  8. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

When I moved from Louisville to Lexington I was amazed at how stupid the drivers are here. Now that I’ve been here for a while, I don’t even notice it anymore. I’m afraid that I’ve acclimated.

I am amazed at how nobody in Ohio knows how to use a fast lane though. It doesn’t matter how many lanes there are it seems like everyone there is perfectly happy driving the same speed in all of the lanes.

rd400racer likes this.
  9. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Sorry, but Massachusetts has the worst drivers.

Rebel635 likes this.
  10. Brian_J

Brian_J Active Member

this^^^

i drove 100,000 miles in 8 years as a otr trucker. drivers suck everywhere.

11. rwdfun

rwdfun

Only because too many Ohio drivers head north

As bad as 4 wheelers are, truck drivers are far worse for left lane hogging. "Hey I want to go 1/4 mph faster than this truck in front of me, I'll just cut off a fast moving car and take 5 miles to pass them" AND I know you f@ckers do it on purpose

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That's like 12,ooo a year. You drive less than a soccer mom with only one kid. :D

dtalbott, ducnut and badmoon692008 like this.
  13. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Plus it’s always uphill so it takes forever for that truck to pass the other one :mad:

14. rwdfun

rwdfun

I have come to the conclusion that this left lane epidemic is everywhere now. I think it's a combination of poor drivers education (if there is any more) and peoples lot in life.

Not to get into dungeon material but most people have no control over their own lives. Working for a bad boss, married to a controlling wife, slave to a credit card debt, etc. The road is the only place they can try to control something (other peoples speed). Sit in left lane, speed up and slow down to keep people behind them. I really think people are more concerned about others getting ahead in life and on the highway, literally. I just don't give a shit about what others are doing on the road. I'm there to get from one place to another as fast as possible. When I see someone driving faster I let them by, give them some distance and then match their speed. Let them be the rabbit for the cops. Win-win. It's just maddening that people that think you are driving dangerously fast, go out of their way to make the situation more dangerous for themselves. GTFO of the way is the safest thing to do. Oh and it could be the foreigners too, but only some. Many places in Europe are way better at only using the left lane to pass.

15. rwdfun

rwdfun

It's a game to them. Gotta be boring driving a truck. They have to do something to break it up. Used to be channel 19 for general CB conversation. Bet you can hear then laughing about it.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

"Breaker one-mine, breaker one-nine, this here's Yeast Ass calling on Nacho Cheese Belly. I'm a gonna pull to the left and make it look like I'ma gonna pass you but I'll do it for the next 4 miles! After that, you pull to the left and do it for 3 miles. By then Pissbottle Man will have caught up and he can take his turn. 10-4?"

17. Brian_J

Brian_J Active Member

yep. sorry. supposed to be 1,000,000.

18. Brian_J

Brian_J Active Member

i feel like i should start a AMA thread on trucking...

-12 days on and 2 days off is the norm, if not longer.
    -most truckers don't even turn their cb on.
    -trucks slowly passing each other is mostly a result of companies limiting the trucks to 62-63 mph combined with 80,000lb gross weights and hills.

stk0308, dtalbott and ducnut like this.
  19. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Why should that be everyone else’s problem?? We should be punished for being able to hit the speed limit?

t500racer likes this.
  20. Brian_J

Brian_J Active Member

trust me, most drivers aren't tying to punish you. they're trying to get to their destination as fast as possible. think of it this way. you're faster on the straights, but you hit the corner and park it. the guy behind you goes for the pass, only to have you gas it again on the straight and walk him. next corner, same thing happens. its the same thing with trucks, but at 62 mph and 40 tons. ever try and accelerate 40 tons? it takes a while to get to speed, and once you're there, you don't want to lose that momentum if you can help it. if you're driving at 80, and get stuck behind a truck going 60 for 10 min, you added ~3 min to your drive. will it kill you? probably not.

ducnut likes this.