1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Gollum lol

2. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Not any rider news, but the new calipers are sweet

Steeltoe and lookmtb like this.
  3. Quicktoy

Love the heat sinks on them

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Those are just the same thing as 2016 OEM GSXR 750 Brembos.

MachineR1 likes this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Leaving Yamaha was the worst thing Marco did to himself. Man, looking back he did some amazing riding on that Tech3 bike.

6. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

FWIW, Motomatters has a tweet from Beaujard saying that Zarco has not made a decision yet...

8. Quicktoy

He’s be smart to go to Mark VDS for the year imho

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

OptionsL

- Goes to Avintia, and likely goes mid-pack and no more.
    - Goes to VDS and either sucks on the Triumph or wins another championship....

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What's the upside?

He's made some seriously questionable career decisions along the way and that would fall right in line with them.

11. Quicktoy

I just don’t see him ever getting a chance if he’s on the same bike Tito is on. At least if he went to moto2 he’d be on the reigning championship winning bike. Go big or go home.

12. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

13. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Going to Moto2 would be the end of the line for Zarco, whether he wins a championship or not.

Too many younger, hungrier, racers are lining up for seats and the team managers seem to be more apt to taking risk on "new" talent than someone that goes backward in the class structure (in the past few years at least).

14. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

The only plus of going back to Moto2 that I can see, is the chance to become the only 3 time moto2 champion. Aside from that I think he'd be an idiot to turn down the Avintia offer especially considering they'd be on GP19's, and he "might" be able to negotiate a bit more Ducati support. But then I thought he was an idiot for the KTM thing. Shut up, show up, and do your damn job. F*%king millenials......

MachineR1 likes this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What's one more going to do for his career? Or for his legacy, for that matter. Once you get the second one, nobody can say the first one was a fluke. Beyond that, I see no value added if there is a higher championship to conquer.

16. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

That's the point I was trying to make.... 3 moto2 championships is meaningless. Going back to moto2 would be pointless.

17. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Here's what I see with the Avintia opportunity. It's obvious Ducati is willing to help the guy (even if Dorna is twisting their arm).

If he does very well on the Avintia, consistently running in the points, when Tito and Karel have been lack luster, he may get a shot at being bumped up to Pramac for 2021. The rumors are already flying around that Ducati has reached out to Maverick and also the rumors of Miller being moved up to the factory team. This would leave Dovi and Petrucci with deciding whether they want to jump down to the satellite team or go elsewhere.

I doubt Dovi would give in to his pride and take the demotion, so that leaves Petrucci or Zarco to take Miller's old seat (that is depending on whether Pramac hangs on to Bagnaia as well).

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  18. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

KTM quickly ditched the trellis frame

[​IMG]

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

20. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

European sources say Abraham is out and Zarco got the seat.