1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Where's Tito get his money from? Karel brings Brno money, correct?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Rabat's dad owns a jewerly empire/ chain in spain, mainly on the plain.

Karel's dad is stupid rich. Owns Brno and a bunch of other shit. I don't know where his fortune originated but it's said to be Rossi levels.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I would be extremely surprised if family money is paying for Tito's ride. I would be willing to bet it's Dorna (mostly) and sponsors.

4. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

There are Rabat Jewelery logos on his leathers and his Ducati. One could call that family money or just a very close connection to the sponsor.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not a huge sticker and placement varies from race to race but there is a Rabat sticker on both the team bikes but yeah, doubt daddy is paying other than a small percentage of Tito's bill.

6. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Karel's dad owns somekind of medical device company.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not saying they're not putting any cash on the table, I'm saying it's probably brake pad money compared to Dorna. :D

The Great One likes this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I’m gonna be bummed if Karel’s gone.

jd41, masshole and nd4spd like this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Blah ha ha ha! Holy f@ck, I about pissed myself over that. :crackup:

10. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

He really likes the US and maybe he’ll bring a small percentage of the stupid money over here for a ride in MA?

ajcjr likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It would suck for him, it really would. I've always said he's good enough to be in the field. But if Ducati is willing to supply equipment to someone else that will help an extra bike actually be shown on TV on a regular basis (as opposed to so far behind that we never see it), I have to say "take a seat, son. You did good but it's over."

jd41 and The Great One like this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Eh, maybe, but why would Dorna bother or even care? Another Spaniard, not like they're rare or on some motogp rider endangered species list. Spaniards in motorcycle racing are like pigeons in NYC.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Moto 2 champion.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

1x
    2x
    or even 3x
    ?

15. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Could Abraham just start a satellite Suzuki team or are there no more grid spots available?

16. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I agree. People rag on him and say he sucks. Compared to the podium finishers, he may, but he's routinely within 2 seconds of Marc's qualifying times. I personally don't know anybody that can do that...or even come close honestly.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Maybe not as endangered as pigeons, more like endangered as a NYC pizza rat. They let Bradl shuffle off to broadway and he at least has a desirable passport (yeah, 2011 since that championship is a long time).

But yeah, he'd be the most recent moto2 champion to be allowed to drop off the motogp grid. Still think he would have been better of on the kawasaki in WSBK (if that was actually an option and not just talk).

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No more spots on the grid.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Was Bradl willing to ride for Avintia (i.e. willing to be in MotoGP at all costs)? I honestly don't remember.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Didn't he ride for Aprilia before going to WSBK? How long has he been a test rider, just this last year for HRC? Wildcards for in 2018 in motogp I think.

My opinion is he is best served as the test rider and wildcards but Dorna needs germans and all that nationality to sell tv rights shit.