1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not exactly how it happened, though. From what was reported over here, he signed a KTM factory contract but the intent was Moto 2. Then KTM decided to pull out of Moto 2. So they had signed racer with nowhere to put him. And an opening in MotoGP…

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I stop following because Joe's performance has been a total train wreck. Watching Suzuki flounder around is disappointment enough over a race weekend.

3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

He clearly should have gone to Repsol Honda :D

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

BigBird likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Well their bikes barely finish a race, so there's that. I would have loved to see him on the Repsol Honda. I remember him on the CRT bike backing that thing in like it was no one's business.

He would have been interesting to see on that bike with his style.

Sent from my smatrfone

6. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

I'm still baffled as to why they are still in MotoGP with the sad effort they are putting out. Just pack it in and focus on WSBK where they have a chance (maybe ?) of being competitive.

MachineR1 likes this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

9. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Ummmm, dude? :)

Phl218 and Quicktoy like this.
  11. Quicktoy

In the 90s we didn’t call the girls underclasswomen.

Phl218 likes this.
  12. Phl218

Phl218 .

i said it's better than no $ or so...

and the article claims to:

"
    Johann Zarco at Ducati, it's done. After being a Yamaha driver for two years (2017-2018), KTM for almost a year (2019) and Honda for the last three Grands Prix of the season, the Frenchman will ride a Ducati in 2020.
    The rumor has been running since last weekend, then the time when the place of Jorge Lorenzo at Repsol Honda has returned to Alex Marquez. Without handlebars for 2020, Johann Zarco was asked by Ducati to join the Reale Avintia Racing satellite team.
    Originally, the French had been cautious about this opportunity. arguing want a "good team and a good bike, and for me Avintia is not a top team, so if I have more to lose myself there I [prefer] go to Moto2. (...) I do not criticize anyone, but I do not want to make the same mistake as a year ago by signing at KTM. If it is to depress again as a pilot ... It is better to take pleasure and earn less money.
    But Ducati pushed to convince him, reinforcing his partnership with the Avintia team. Johann Zarco has finally accepted, confirm our sources at Ducati Corse: he will be pilot Reale Avintia Racing in 2020.
    Although in a satellite team, he will benefit from support from Ducati's official team. However, he will have a Desmosedici GP19 and not a GP20.
    More info to come in a few minutes ..."

13. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'm sure Avintia will be happy to have that wet blanket in their box for the 2020 season.

pscook and Phl218 like this.
  14. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I wonder what the morale is going to be like in that team after their new rider publicly stated he would rather ride Moto2 than ride for them without even throwing a leg over the bike.

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

It's Zarco, so they already knew it was gonna be a headache , either way.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Got to wonder, IF Schleprock does join Avintia, who is going to pony up the cash that Abraham is paying.

Most likely Dorna. :D

17. Quicktoy

So Tito, the Billionaire and the Frenchman in one team?

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Gollum and Schleprock.

19. Quicktoy

Probably better because of him looks like they’ll get better equipment.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  20. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019