1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

of course, but as i'm sure you and everyone here will attest... he ain't his brother. in the same vein that Roger and Tommy weren't Nicky either. i'd concede that the winner should always get a crack at the next level... but geezus christ.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The motogp grid needs Loyd to dump some Turbo Lax in its good luck toast.

cpettit likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, that is so much crazier than Lecuona moving on to MotoGP. Scandalous! He was gifted Moto 3 and Moto 2 titles. He certainly did not earn a promotion, unlike Luthi or Simeon last year.

Did he bang your wife or something? :crackup:

4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

This!!

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Now that it's O-fficial. I think I've made a decision.

6. spoon32

spoon32 Huh???

I anticipate a very Morbidelli/Mir rookie year....... 110 championship points +/-10.

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Well baby Marquez seemed to bin the Moto 2 bike quite a few times this year so with both of them Honda better have alot of body work in the truck.

8. wac

wac Well-Known Member

Fabio Q. Didn’t deserve it too

rcarson15 likes this.
  9. wac

wac Well-Known Member

He does now.

Sweatypants likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If Pedrosa hadn't turned down the the ride, he wouldn't have been there this year. And yet, look what happened.

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  11. Sweatypants

whataboutisms don't work on me homeslice. i'm not your normal saps here. i can not like 2 things at the same time, i know that goes against the current online environment these days across most subjects about everything having to be one or the other.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

uhh...he has a world championship in both lower classes, how many other young riders, less than 24 years old, have that on their credentials?

I mean also, it's the end of the season, there aren't many good options, and that was an easy one to get a deal with, who has some credentials.

Everyone else in the paddock has a contract already, so who else is able to sign or would you sign?

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Why are you trying to make sense here? This is the time for emotion. :D

metricdevilmoto and BigBird like this.
  14. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

How many took 5 years in the class to win a moto2 championship?

Sweatypants likes this.
  15. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Didn't it take Capirossi like 7 years to win a 250cc championship? That period also included a short stint in 500cc as well before being demoted back to 250s

16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

He wasn't exactly offered the factory ride either...

BigBird likes this.
  17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Lmfaoooooooo

18. Sweatypants

yea that's the difference. throw him on the LCR and give the ride to Zarco for a year. see how they both fare. stat for stat, he has thus far been more dominant in all classes.

shit... even everyone here's favorite nutsack to hug Stoner had his stint on that team.

19. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Except there aren't any seats open at LCR. Moving Zarco over to Repsol doesn't open a seat. Nakagami is coming back next year as is Cal.

20. Sweatypants

i don't see him as any more dominant than Luthi, Navarro, Martin, Fernandez, Vierge, Marini, Gardner, Baldassarri, Schrotter... SLIGHTLY more consistant, i'll give him that, and in the end that's enough and its important. honestly after this year though i could see any of them getting a try out equally.

the fact that its on arguably the best team/bike is my problem, not that its Alex in general getting a bump. lol bring Redding back... fuck it.