1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, his hair was died silver. And it was raining.

They said that Marquez had a MotoGP exit clause on the extension he signed a few weeks back.

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Makes sense. I just figured the talking heads would have mentioned it (that or I simply missed it every time it was mentioned or written).

BTW, I thought Can was sent packing, I guess what was meant is 'will be sent packing after Valencia'?....

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, he doesn't have a ride for next year. At one point when he was hurt and replaced by his brother, there was heavy speculation that he wasn't even coming back this year.

And as recently as maybe three or four weeks ago, they were saying that his brother was in the same situation. But based on what was posted above, Tech 3 stepped up to the plate.

4. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

So testing starts tomorrow. Do they announce Alex today?

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

Campinoti said Miller or Petrux aren’t going anywhere and mocked the tv commentators ab it for “solidifying “ rumors, out of the urge to be first with news before twitter etc

Zarco is said to have passed up the avinta deal for it not being a factory ride

7. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

8. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I was hoping he’d do well in moto3. He went backwards after his debut.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I've been wondering who gets a new Crash Count thread. Alex Lowes will surely make mincemeat of that Kawi.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1196420236150497280

11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

:D

13. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

Maybe surprised isn't the right word, but I would've picked Zarco over AM for the Honda ride.
    He did well on the LCR and is definitely still hungry.
    Going to Moto2 wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but I'd like to see him stay in MotoGP.

Sweatypants likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm a little behind on this, if avintia were to sign him, who gets the axe? Rabat or Abraham?

Really, for Ducati this is perfect. They see if he can go and they don't move aside someone who won't come apart like a hong kong rolex and if goes well, he he does go well he might be inline for one of the open seas in 2021.

Meh, Zarco will do something stupid to f@ck things up even further.

motion likes this.
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

agreed.

motion likes this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

17. Jay305

Jay305 Well-Known Member

Meanwhile Avintia is stepping up from an independent to a satellite team with GP19’s.

vizsladog likes this.
  18. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

this is fucking insane. seriously. he does NOT deserve that ride. maybe SOME ride, but not the premier one on the premier team/bike. it took this fuckin nerd 5 years to get a title here, and BARELY.

he beat binder by 3 points and the KTM didn't even work for the first half of the damn season. luthi by only 12.
    he was 4th last year and 30 down on binder and got crushed by bagnaia and oliveira.
    100 points less than morbidelli the year before that. 200 less than zarco and 13th the year before THAT! GTFO of here haha!

there's no dominance anywhere there that shows one deserving of Repsol anything.

Newyork, pscook, cpettit and 2 others like this.
  19. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

There is big brother and Honda needs to keep big brother happy.

scottn and vizsladog like this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Satellite teams and independent teams on the same thing, as far as I can tell.

And Ducati announced at least a couple of months ago that they were finished with having more than two model years on the grid.