1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

It's Sykes and Laverty on the BMW.

Bruce likes this.
  2. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

3. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Kiyo signed a two year deal directly with HRC, is revered in Japan, and is highly regarded for his input/development skills and being able to provide clear communication to the japanese engineers.

Keeping Kiyo is a chess move.

4. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

He gets hurt too much :confused:

5. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Laverty

Bruce likes this.
  6. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Well well well MF'ers Bautista back to MotoGP on the KTM, is it true?

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nope, all but certain to Honda in WSBK. Read the previous page of this thread, MFer. :D

8. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Laverty.

Bruce likes this.
  10. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Alvaro was being paid 400k (Euros?) to race in WSBK? Damn I didn’t think he’d make MotoGP factory money but I think he’d have gotten at least 1-2m base. Dude has to make enough to live the rest of his life on while he’s hot, can’t blame him for taking the money even if the Honda is a shit show.

11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

How much do you think mid-pack GP riders make? I bet 400-500k € is close to average.

BigBird likes this.
  12. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What have you been smoking? :eek:

BigBird likes this.
  14. Times are a bit different these days aren’t they? What’s the going rate, around minus -$1m euro’s for a “salary”

BigBird likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Maybe for a top rider at a motogp team at € 1KK.
    What, 3 riders make mid 7 figures, a few just into the 7s but most of the rest are low to mid 6s?

16. I said minus as in you aren’t making money you are bringing money :) guess being so short it’s easy for things to go over your head. Salary wise, select handful making some decent cash, then you have the Crutchlows who has a great personal sponsor so I’m sure does “ok”, Rossi could take nothing from Yamaha and still make a boat load of cash, its crazy to follow the cash flow through a racing paddock.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Papa, what's the dude's story? I'm not that up on most of the drivers in F1.

Rich kid with pallet loads of cash? Talented young kid who bounced in and out of F1 because he didn't have pallet loads of cash?

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Pascal? Very talented kid, got to F1 young but on the worst team on the grid. Didn't really get a good opportunity to prove himself before losing at the game of musical chairs. Currently racing Formula E.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

This ain't F1, it's motorsickle business. You're expected to ride for free out of love and pay your way. It's a 2 wheeler's dream come true :(