1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I think that's Verboten. :D

Talk about an ill-fated decision. Folks here probably don't recall, but you know what folks have been saying about Fabio? Real back a couple years and same deal.

2. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

It would be easy to dig up some old quotes about Fabio being a bad pick to get the satellite Yamaha with Morbidelli given his previous results.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Verboten I believe. Each factory team is only allowed to have 2 riders now. Still waiting on a rule change that requires Suzuki and Aprilia to field a satellite team.....they are still the only manufacturers that get a pass.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. Phl218

Phl218 .

vertebra

Verboten. nicht erlaubt.

cpettit likes this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

[​IMG]

scottn and MachineR1 like this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Suzuki now wants to but can't find a team that can run it. Marc VDS was talked about but they went all coo coo insane.

7. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

When does the Gresini/Aprilia deal run out? I can’t see that continuing regardless if Aprilia stays in the series or not. The Suzuki seems to be a great machine, I’m sure Fausto would be happy to run them if the numbers work out.

Yeah it definitely seemed a little out of left field given his then recent performance. High risk high reward I guess.

8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Zarco on a satellite suzuki wouldn't suck and be sure to hurt some feelings.

Newyork, ShadowBoxer and Phl218 like this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I tried to tell people that they were looking at it the wrong way but patience is a foreign concept here. :D

Sabre699 and pscook like this.
  10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I may have been WAY wrong about Bautista in WSBK, but at least I had some faith in Fabio lol.

11. SGVRider

The non-pros would do it for sure. I sure as fuck would. It’s an amazing job, but still a job. Everyone got into it for passion and to compete, but I wonder how the pro guys stuck at the back for years actually feel? At some point if you’re on a shit bike rolling in 20th position for $45k a year risking your health for no money and no glory the office job might sound good. Casey turned down 20m Euros for a year because he thought the 95% of BS outweighed the 5% of riding that he did.

At least with drugs you can get free methadone to recover. The only cure for a motorcycle is to buy a different motorcycle.

TX Joose and BigBird like this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

#truth

13. SGVRider

:crackup: Come on man. Dorna makes up rules as they go along. If Repsol Honda wants a rule change, they just send Carmelo a memo. If Suzuki wants a rule change, they buy Puig a bevy of Russian hookers and he sends Carmelo a memo for them.

Phl218 and badmoon692008 like this.
  14. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Mika to replace Zarco for the rest of the season.

Zarco required to sit in the time-out chair in the trailer during the race weekends until contract is up.

BigBird likes this.
  15. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

What's so wrong riding for a factory team, making decent money, riding what is not the greatest bike? Stick it out, collect your cash, and see what else is out there for you. Zarco's miserable temperament is going to be a huge turnoff for any team manager. I mean have you ever seen someone so openly depressed in a MotoGP paddock? It's just crazy.

BigBird and SGVRider like this.
  16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Man......it feels like forever since he last did a backflip.

[​IMG]

Newyork likes this.
  17. SGVRider

Absolutely nothing. It could’ve been a great long term strategy for him. Dovi jumped on a piece of shit, took the money and played the long game. Now it’s a great bike and he’s the only one to have kept Marquez remotely honest for 3 years. He’d even still be in the title fight if he’d not been taken out by other people.

I thought for sure this was Zarco’s strategy. However, his attitude is more understandable in the context of Fignon fucking him and forcing him into the deal without mentioning a Repsol offer. He was forced into the situation and then the bike sucked. IMO it’d have showed greater character and smarts to ride out the contract and make the most of it. How is it even possible that Fignon signed a contract without Zarco’s knowledge and signature? Wouldn’t Fignon need power of attorney? Strange ass deal.

Phl218 likes this.
  18. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Highly unlikely. Márquez crashed out of the lead at Cota due to a mechanical, that’s his only dnf this year. He’s finished first or second every other round. Dovi can’t come anywhere near that consistency.

BigBird likes this.
  19. SGVRider

In the title fight meaning he has a mathematical chance. Obviously he ain’t gonna beat Marquez unless Marquez beats himself first, but now he doesn’t even have that opportunity. At this point Marquez barely has to win races. He can take the title early and spend the last 4 races winning races by starting at the back and berming everyone else off the track. There’s no Marc Marquez penalty points system now either so he’s free to pursue his true passion.

20. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

As of right now MM could wrap things up after Thailand with 4 rounds still to go. Realistically, he only has to finish ahead of Dovi for the next couple rounds and it's almost assuredly over.