1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2019 Stanley Cup thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by Sabre699, Apr 8, 2019.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Would love to see Tavares vs Islanders matchup this year....

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

This guy thinks differently on that...

[​IMG]

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Bruins V Jackets...

Interesting match up.

4. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Not that good when you haven’t beaten them in 50 years.

5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Sharks. Those dudes looked gassed.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  6. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

What a great game. I'm guessing plenty of people turned it off when it was 3-0 in the third but I hung in and I'm glad I did. I thought the five minute major was bullshit but when they got four goals on that power play that was fun to watch. It seemed like they were doing it for Pavelski, he had the worst luck ever in that series but his injury turned into an amazing comeback for his team. Hope he's okay though.

7. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

After our league game I looked at my phone and it said 3-0. So I took my time, had a couple beers in the locker room then walked out in the lobby and it was 4-3! I was like holy crap! Then Vegas tied it so we all went to the bar. Didn't get home until almost 2 this morning. Great game! Coffee is my friend

rd400racer likes this.
  8. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Wow...epic meltdown by the Golden Showers PK unit!! Caps/Hurricanes is gonna be a good one tonight. Hoping the Canes pull it off as I'm not a Caps fan. (Last time I wanted the Caps to win, Al Jensen was in goal.. :D)

9. grasshopper

Canes should bring back the old school Hartford Jerseys!

10. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Great games, hope my Islanders are ready for the next round

BigBird likes this.
  11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

And just like that, the Champs are down. Wackiest 1st round evah.

Sabre699 likes this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, it'll only be another 5 years at least before we have any kind of championship here in the DC area.

Except for soccer, I think DC wins two or three of those every year or some crap. no one cares about that crap. :D

13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

No they suck too. :)

14. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

I hope the Islanders win it all and Trotzee gives a giant FU to the Caps, Fn idiots

BigBird likes this.
  15. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Knights seriously got effed by the refs with that bs penalty. Even though the league claims it was the right call, neither of those 2 referees will be reffing the rest of the playoffs. The one guy is the league leader in playoff games reffed and has been the ref in the conference finals for the last 10 years in a row. For those two to be excluded for the rest of the playoffs is a huge statement on how bad they screwed up.

16. grasshopper

17. Sabre699

Bruins in OT !!

18. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Arghh!

Sorry man, have go for the Jackets. My kid started playing travel in 02 and we were in the Buckeye League. Obviously we lived in the state of Ohio on weekends playing games and Columbus was the hub of our travel. We went to a lot of Jackets games and almost always cheered for the other team. But we kind of liked how Columbus played. So now they are my defacto home team.

19. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Coyle with a hell of a night. Zero to hero.

Sabre699 likes this.
  20. Sabre699

I'm happy for all 4 wild card teams making the second round.
    But the Jackets are playing the Bruins now so farg 'em. :D

rd400racer likes this.