1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Occupy movement are not hippies they are you

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by cMac, Oct 11, 2011.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Probably if a bunch of them parked their asses in front of your driveway and prevented you from coming and going, you'd feel differently.

2. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Until I start screwing them out of their tuitions I don't forsee a problem.

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

They are the ones wanting to go to College. If people were not willing to pay the tuition then the tuition wouldn't be that high. Post secondary education is a privelege, not an inalienable right. If those kids want a cheaper education I am sure there is a Community College somewhere they can go to.

It amazes me how many people actually support those whiney entitlement mentality brats.....

4. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

:D We're in agreement. I'd be hot if tuition was doubled before I graduated.

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

psst! Most people only take 4 years.....:Poke::D

6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

The longer this "occupy" bs goes on the more it takes me back into a kind of de ja vu feeling. It's the same song, just a different verse from the late sixties/early seventies. At least back then they knew what they were protesting, today, not so much. Today's occupiers seem to be as much fans of Communistic ideals than anything else. Really sad.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Ask the professors and administrators to give up a few bucks.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They can. However I've yet to see any of the college kids actually protest injustice. They're not getting sprayed until they go beyond protesting which is fine by me.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

10. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

11. behindthetimes

behindthetimes Active Member

My old lady works in Manhatten.They were protesting in front of her building,about 40 of them.Down between the buildings was a crew of contruction guys doing demolition with jackhammers.The Foreman was standing at the top of the pit,whenever they would try to get a chant going,he's tip his hardhat and a orchestra of hammering would drown them out.My wife was dying.Too funny!That's what the working man thinks of them.Got another friend who's NYPD.He got a chance to annoint some of them with cocobolo.:tut:Shit's not funny anymore...

12. earacing

earacing Race Dad

I was friended a while back by the adult son of a guy I know. Over the weekend he posted that he had just gotten out of jail after being arrested and "illegally" detained by the LAPD (more than 48 hours?). The first comment on his post was some girl who said she was proud of him and embarrassed that our country was so effed up.

I unfriended him. You can't argue with stupid. People like them have no idea what an effed up country is really like.

13. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I had to unfriend two recently. One for spouting ignorant OWS BS, the other for CONSTANTLY (hourly) self promoting his stellar 9th place finishes in MRA races.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Report cards?

15. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

According to the hundreds of schools I work with, the proper term is Progress Report. Less judgmental that way.:rolleyes::rolleyes::Puke:

16. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

:crackup: I would pay to see the kong phooey shit.

I do believe that arm bars and the like are considered hard hands. Didn't find much info on what is considered hard hands.

I agree. However that is simply not the case here. They were allowed to assemble and were not even told they had to leave. They were told they could not camp out with tents and shit. They were also told to GTFO of the way so the police could haul off the kids who where breaking the law and were arrested for a reason other than simply peaceful protest.

17. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

the police wanted to spray.
    the protestors wanted to get sprayed.
    the media wanted a picture.
    everybody was made whole that day.

18. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

I disagree. They police told them multiple times to get out of the way.

19. nycstripes

nycstripes Meatball's Dad

Surrounding the cops and yelling FTP while they were trying to walk arrested prisoners out of the square is what they did. Getting sprayed was the nicest way to get them out of there and arrest a few more without resorting to physical violence. Watch the extended videos.

20. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I just watched the whole video of that incident (not just the pepper-spray clip), not sure if I can link it here so I am not going to at this time. The YouTube vid is called UC Davis Pepper Spray - What Really Happened. It is long but it shows the entire event that led to the spraying.

The protesters surrounded the police and blocked them from leaving the area after they were trying to take those they arrested to jail. Not only were they telling the police they would "let them leave" after they released those who were arrested - they also were yelling FTP at them. The police officer warned them multiple times that if they did not stop blocking them in, they would have to take further action...

The police could not leave without further action. My mind is changing on this one. Those kids were being assholes and I think that pepper-spraying was the best course of action they could have taken given the situation.

Sucks when you only get a tiny picture of what actually happens.