1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

:bow:

I guess I know where Latifi isn't driving next year :D

3. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

As if I couldn't respect Christian Horner more, I love the fact he refuses to cave to stupidity in the paddock last season and now again in Japan.

4. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

In typical F1 fashion, that was anticlimactic.......

ungwaha likes this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Champion*

6. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

How did someone not do fact checking while the red flag was on for the points rules?

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Leclerc was penalized on last lap, lost a spot.

8. Pittenger5

I meant for points due to a reduced race. Commentators spent the whole time talking about reduced points.

9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I dug it. The start was incredible. Wowowowowow rooster tails! Those people are crazy. An inevitable outcome, in terms of the championship, the long delay I quite enjoyed; Karun and Paul are the class of the field, as always.

10. Pittenger5

I think the delays are ridiculous. If its too wet to race on Inters, they should be on wets. Its a risk/reward for the team. From what I understand inters are faster, but they wont be faster if their driving is in a wall, so put them on wets. That being said, if its too wet for rains, then yes, we should have red flags. In this race, the fact the entire field started on Inters, and then restarted for about 3-5 laps on wets, is just ridiculous.

rd400racer and Yzasserina like this.
  11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Agreed, but I enjoy listening to Karun and Paul jabber on, so there’s that…

12. rwdfun

rwdfun

The problem is that when the track is wet enough for wet tires, then visibility from spray is zero. As soon as visibility is OK track is ready for inters. At this point I think everyone knows this too

Jokingly. Maybe they can separate them by 5 seconds and then release as a rolling start on wets. Better yet divide the average wet lap time by the number of drivers that way the pole setter is equally behind the last place driver as everyone else is to the car in front. Then after the track has been dried by the wet tires and ready for inters at first pit stop hold drivers for the time advantage they were given at the start. Complicated but I kinda sorta want to see how that would turn out.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  13. rwdfun

rwdfun

You mean anywhere?

14. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Red Bull and Aston Martin sphincters are clenched waiting for penalties to be announced. Both found in violation of the cost cap procedures and Red Bull with minor overspending. First offense is the lowest tier offense, minor overspending is the third tier of four.

15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Supposedly redbull tried to claim parts under their food budget :crackup:

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I dropped a video of Pato O'ward driving Senna's 1990 Championship car at Laguna Seca over the weekend. That's one awesome sound.

17. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Good grief, shut Danica up. She sounds so frigging stupid.

mike w likes this.
  18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

An American on track!

19. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Da fuqk is this female announcer shit. Can they be more flat and monotone?

Meritocracy. Not woke diversity for sports...
    And sports announcing.

How many times does America need to register their votes? Danica is not welcome. She is not respected or liked. Rest it with her.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  20. Pittenger5

How is Giovannazi always in the rumors for a ride? He is awful at worst, at best forgettable.