1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Alo passing with two wheels in the grass has the time and composure to wave, legend. And why does Charles not sound whiny on the radio when something goes wrong and Max sounds whiny even if nothing does.

DrA5, cpettit and Yzasserina like this.
  2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Because Max is an entitled prick.

CRA_Fizzer, ungwaha and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  3. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

"That's so unfair!"
    - Max Veratappen / Saudi GP 2022

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

https://www.silverarrows.net/news/s...ssed-hamilton-fan-welcomed-in-mercedes-garage

“We were written to by a female fan, a Lewis fan, who travelled here from the Czech Republic,” said a Mercedes spokesperson.

“She had her dress lifted up by a group of drunk fans, saying ‘You are a Hamilton fan. You deserve no respect’.

“We found out about that just before the start of the race and managed to get her into the garage for the last 20 laps,” the spokesperson concluded.

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Fuck that shit, no wonder the drivers and teams were so mad.

6. Chino52405

And Seb continues to say anything and everything he should no matter where they're at or what the issue. I was never a fan in his prime, but he's absolutely one of my favorites these days.

The issues at play are pretty much untouchable on this forum, but I have seen major changes in people I know well that are lifelong F1 fans.

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Same, but I wish he would tone down the global warming alarmist stuff. Can you imagine Kimi going on about global warning? No, he wouldn't do that. Kimi is cool.

DrA5 likes this.
  9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

You mean the same Vettel who protested the Alberta oil sands while driving a car sponsored by the paragon of virtue: Aramco? Dude is a total hypocrite.

DrA5 likes this.
  10. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I just finished the last season of 'Drive to Survive', sounds a awful lot like Toto and Ham at the last 2021 race when they were not given the race and the championship. Maybe he's just trying to emulate a "winning" formula? Then again, I think Max was saying "That's so unfair" when they originally didn't clear the backmarkers between him and Ham, per the rules. What a clusterfu#k that was.

11. Chino52405

I know Max whines a lot, but the quote is from this spring when a virutal safety car didn't work out in his favor. I don't watch drive to survive, but I do know that a whole lot of rules were bent in that final race and the race ddirector was sacked after an FIA investigation. But sure, luck of the draw on a safety car and making up rules on the fly with the championship on the line are totally the same.

stk0308 likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not given? It was literally stolen from them.

motion likes this.
  13. stk0308

I didn't get where the theft happened. What, specifically, was the problem? I don't follow F1 for shit, so I don't get all the drama.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Race director (lobbied on the radio by Red Bull) ignored the normal restart procedure and made a ruling on the fly that put Verstappen in a position to attack, with fresh tires and enough time to do it.

Boman Forklift, Senna and VFR#52 like this.
  15. stk0308

So, you have issue with them apply a regulation the existed? As I understand it, there was a 2021 regulation that read:
    “If the clerk of the course considers it safe to do so, and the message ‘lapped cars may now overtake’ has been sent to all competitors via the official messaging system, any cars that have been lapped by the leader will be required to pass the cars on the lead lap and the safety car.”

Now, I will agree it was not applied equally. Only allowing these lappers who's position on track was between the 1st and 2nd place cars to clear out. Leaving everyone else in their on track position behind 2nd place, no matter what lap they were scored. But, it appears it was within the scope of what race direction could do.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, except that the race doesn't normally resume until the lapped car have caught up to the back of the pack. Which, in this instance, would have been after the checkered flag because that takes time. The race was due to end under safety car conditions. If he hadn't messed with the procedure, Mercedes' decision not to pit for tires would have been the winning strategy. The race was stolen from them.

VFR#52, Chino52405 and mike w like this.
  17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I have never liked Hamilton his entire career, but you're right that was absolutely stolen from him and Mercedes. They made up the rules on the spot to prevent Mercedes and lewis winning another and there is a really good chance they won't win another after that.

VFR#52 likes this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

19. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I started off as a Hamilton Fanboy. Cheered for him over Fernando, Nico.......not Valtteri...... but then Sir Ham's head got way too big, dancing with Justin Bieber in front of the Royal Box at Monaco, his use of a scooter, having Angela chase after him like a little bitch......the whinging, the "I have to change the world through my sport" 'tude.........backing criminals that did criminal shit, him pushing back about his nose piercing. It's all too much. He and Sebastian with their finger-wagging at the rest of the world really took my love for the sport down from watching every lap of practice, qualifying, and the race to just tuning in now at the green lights and clicking off after the checkered. This comes from a person who watched the sport since 1981, Long Beach. I watch the sport for entertainment, not another lecture on sociopolitical aspects from hypocrites.

That being said, the decision last year was a head-scratcher as it only benefitted one person in the race, Max. By sticking the lapped cars behind HAM and Max, it screwed Sainz and everyone else that was battling. I get that they wanted the race to end under green, and we have had races where the safety car is out there for 3-4 more laps than it should, waiting for the lappers to get ALLLLLL the way around the track to the back of the pack (they could just have them slow down, pull aside, or pull into the pits and wait at pit out for the field the next time around, which would save significant race time). I would have hoped they would have figured there is a quicker way for the lappers to get in line at the back of the field versus waiting for them to race around the track. That was the issue that should have been rectified and there was a simpler solution. It's telling that those of us sitting on a couch half-way around the world can figure this shit out better than those getting paid six to seven figures a year.

VFR#52 likes this.
  20. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Sunday race directors did not hold the restart until the lapped traffic had caught up to the back of the pack. They also did not let the entire lapped field through only a few of the cars. Even the broadcast team mentioned it.

VFR#52 likes this.