1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Just wondering why the passes and repasses we saw in the last 10 laps can't happen more often in this series.

2. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

All the drivers in that mix have race craft and respect. All the pushing cars off track and disrespect was happening down near the bottom of the points this week for some reason.

3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Because they’d burn their tires up and then lose all of those positions in the pits…

4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Bottom 5 of 10 in the points and 7 championships :p

But all these drivers are so good, its amazing to think about all they're doing while driving a car at the maximum they are told to. Just being able to say "hey man, hit 1:32.9 laptimes for 12 laps in a row" and they CAN, is insane to me.

5. DrA5

I had to wonder who the brain-dead dude was that was talking to Zhou Guanyu in the paddock when he returned to the circuit. I mean, keep your hands off the guy that was just in that kind of wreck. Sure, he was cleared and released, but grabbing the back of his neck and shoulder why you chat with him should have had "Jo" swat his hands off like it was a wasp.

6. rwdfun

rwdfun

Now Now. You can't expect him to park his car on the track during qualifying to stop others from getting pole this early in his career.

And he probably knew any contact with Max would be deemed his fault. Max is never to blame for anything. The FIA don't want to get a "typical" scolding from him over the radio

Steeltoe and ungwaha like this.
  7. DrA5

Mental note. Never get F1 tickets in a Dutch grandstand.

tiggen, Steeltoe and rice r0cket like this.
  8. DrA5

Damn. Mick giving a masterclass in keeping someone behind.

CRA_Fizzer, rd400racer and mike w like this.
  9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Another awesome ride for Checo. I dig these sprints.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

"Tell Kevin to slow down so I get DRS"

11. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I still hate sprint qualifying.

lee955i and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I never watch F1 but read about those reports in the news.

Not to overestimate the standard F1 fan but would this be a drawback of the popularity of that Netflix series (can't recall the name)?...

Beyond the stupid harassment, the cheering of crashes is particularly low and ignorant of the risks.

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I’ve watched F1 on and off for 40 years and am not following you…

Let me try…

1. Dutch/Verstappen fans are rabid. They travel. He drives for Red Bull. Imagine orange noxious clouds instead of yellow Valentino clouds in MotoGP. Hard to breathe/see.

2. Still not getting it. The series is called Drive to Survive. I’m guessing no?

3. I think en masse they’re quite an educated crowd…

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
  14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

IOW, you’re likely not to see a crowd punch up a la some soccer matches. Also, Red Bull is an Austrian brand, and they’re in Austria.

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Dang, Checo out. Boo.

17. rwdfun

rwdfun

Why do I so often see the fastest most worthless people working as track marshals at these premier events? Hey dipshit. You have the extinguisher and the car is on fire. Why did you set it down and run away?

18. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Now that was a pretty exciting and dramatic race! Lots of passing too - that 5 car group for a lap or so was pretty cool to see :D

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

20. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yikes. Always a handful of assholes…