1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I believe you are correct. But the procedure as it's always been applied was to let all the lapped cars go around and rejoin at the back. Not just the ones that were in Verstappen's way.

VFR#52 likes this.
  2. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

3. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Hes not wrong, just tone deaf.

4. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

I'll wager there will be less of a gap by seasons end than when Merc was dominant. Valtteri's points could have likely won the constructors championship some of those years.

5. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Anyone else sick of these grid penalties!

cpettit likes this.
  6. Pittenger5

Yes they're stupid. They should replace grid penalties with championship points deductions. Grid penalties do nothing but ruin the on track racing.

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Up for auction next month in Monterey

8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

constructors championship points deductions since the drivers have nothing to do with the infractions. They are 100% on the team so let them take the hit.

9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

That turned out to be a much more interesting race than I expected... I don't like this track at all.

What was Checo thinking at that restart?! Russel praised the team for the restart so I wonder what they did to help w/ that.

I still find it incredibly frustrating listening to Ferrari strategy... he had at least 4th sewn up what were they thinking?!

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Enjoyable afternoon watching the race in an Italian bar with my son and brother. Quite the groan when Leclerc retired.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CBRRRRR999, Seiko, motion and 4 others like this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Russell played Perez like a one-string fiddle on that restart. :D

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
    CRA_Fizzer, cBJr and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

George Russell

13. Pittenger5

The FIA erronously displayed the "safety car in" message twice, apparently checo got on it, then had to brake which screwed the drive. Not sure why that affected him more than others though.

14. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Why in the world did Ferrari call in Sainz for the last tire change? That has to go down as one of the dumbest calls of the season. What a monumental screw up. I know the tires could explode blah, blah. Haven't seen it happen all year. Seriously what a lame ass excuse. Fire the statisticians and get a racing mentality.

six6two likes this.
  15. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Ferrari strategy was garbage, but so is a 5 sec penalty for that release. That was about as bad as it gets (without contact). Should have been a drive through in my opinion - so he finished right about where he should have.

six6two likes this.
  16. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

You do not think the 5 sec penalty was deserved or Ferarri should have had a seperate drive through? Albon had to literally lock up his brakes to stop himself from running into Sainz. That was probably the worst release I've seen all year.

DrA5 likes this.
  17. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Drive through penalty instead of 5 sec penalty. Needed to be much more harsh. Albon was fully locked and Sainz would have hit gear or crew in the McLaren pit if not for their awareness.

dobr24 likes this.
  18. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Ok, then we agree. Seems like once Leclerc is out Ferarri loses their focus.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I'm groaning because you're in Italy drinking German beer and what appears to be some American style sandwiches?

20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I don't like the layout of that track so i gave up after 10 laps, yuck.