1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Well that sucks. Boo. Don’t understand the rules. They were wrenching all over Ocon’s car.

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Amazing start. No quarter asked or given.

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Why do I feel that Ferrari is going to screw this up somehow and Lew is going to win the BGP.

6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Intrepid.

7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Here we go…

8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Erp here we go…

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Ferrari drivers keep lobbying on the radio to move the other guy out of the way. :D

10. rwdfun

rwdfun

Nice to see the podium made up of the 2nd tier drivers of the 3 top teams;)

Decent racing but it sure seems the Red Bull drivers take the most liberties with track limits and NASCAR style driving techniques. I was hoping Schumacher punted Max in the last set of turns. Until someone else races them like they race others it won’t stop

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

So, you're Zhou Wagyu, what are you thinking about whilst sliding on your head into and over the tire barrier?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CBRRRRR999 and Yzasserina like this.
  12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

For all those that bitched and complained about the halo…………..

Boman Forklift likes this.
  13. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I'm glad Carlos didn't listen, Leclerc got murdered on those hards.

cBJr likes this.
  14. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Agreed. Ive never rooted for a driver to punt someone as hard as I was rooting on that last lap. Mick should have just held his line and let Max destroy his points lead.

ungwaha, Chino52405 and Steeltoe like this.
  15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Also, LeClerc’s pass on the outside of Hammy was just magnificent.

16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Obviously not his fathers son.

17. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Happy for Sainz, even though he ruined an otherwise perfect birthday.

That was the most fun DRY race I can remember.

18. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

The looks on the faces of the spectators behind the fence where Zhou's car flipped said dirty britches. These survivability of those cars is far more impressive than anything else I can imagine.

Yzasserina likes this.
  19. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

As far as impacts go, this was a relatively minor one. It just looked spectacular because of all the flipping. The biggest concern to me was the airbox roll hoop basically grinding itself away. If by chance the fuel cell would have ruptured, and it ignited, it is doubtful Zhou would have survived. Just no way to access the car and get him out, due to how the tire barrier was set up against the fence. (and imagine if a fire started, with those tires there. They'd never have put it out.) I'm sure that will be looked at for the future.

CBRRRRR999 and Yzasserina like this.
  20. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Look forward to them deciding that it flipped due to digging in to the gravel trap and they decide to replace them with something that will not be at all bike friendly, like the Jackie Stewart inspired catch fences.