1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Schumacher was exposed when Alonso drove past around the outside in the rain in 05. :D

motion likes this.
  2. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Hamilton beat Alonso in his first season and got him fired. Weren't you just denigrating Lewis for losing to a teammate now you give Alonso status based on opinions?

3. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Alonso fans don’t need facts, just hype.

< I think Alonso is one of the most talented drivers on the grid in the last 20, but not THEEEE.

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm no Alonso fan. Can't really even stand him. The Brit commentators, including Brundle, always called him the best on the grid.

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Reported.

rd49, motion and Chino52405 like this.
  6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

He's that good!

7. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

He's done some fantastic PR and eaten a whole lot of humble pie since crashgate. I hope his return to F1 is a spectacular disappointment. :beer:

8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Oh be quiet. Reported. :D

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

10. Hoffman900

Cyril and Alonso is definitely not going to end in a bunch of drama.

stk0308 and DrA5 like this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oops, got it wrong, it was 2006. I remember now that it was the pass that sent him into early retirement. :D

Find me a clip of someone doing that to Hamilton. :D

12. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Y’all need to listen to the Bring Back the V10’s podcast because there are some with some very muddy recollections about those early Schumacher years. There were years of dominance, but nothing as consistent as what MB has done the last 6 years - not even close. The MB car is a cheat code, but that isn’t to say that LH isn’t driving the wheels off it.

Bottas may be what MB wants in a #2 driver, but I think he’s barely top 10 in terms of pure pace.

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

To be fair and transparent, IIRC, Alonso was on rains while Schumacher was on inters.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't remember for sure but strategy part of winning anyway. And if Schumacher wants rain tires, Schumacher gets rain tires. :D

motion likes this.
  15. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I can admit I'm just not a Hamilton fan. Always seems to be in the best team at the right time, while other teams are "down"... his championship vs. Massa was really the best one he's won. Other than that his equipment has always been a significant advantage.

And yes, I fly my tifosi flag high on the weekends :D (even recently when I just have to scratch my head over strategy and scandals LOL.. hopefully Sainz will bring some additional gusto to the team, cuz Chuck has been pretty awesome relative to his team mate)

rd400racer likes this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Didn't he beat, in the same car, and as a rookie, the guy who retired Schumacher? Yeah I'll go ahead and keep thinking it's the cars. :D

17. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Revisionist history!! (probably mine :p haha)

18. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

There’s no doubt Hamilton is good, but his numbers are greatly inflated due to MB using the Konami code on their cars for the last 6-7 years.

Even in Schumacher’s five straight titles with Ferrari did he benefit from having the absolute best car on the grid.

19. Hoffman900

I mean if you’re going to put astericks on Hamilton, you have to put them on Schumacher, as he wouldn’t have been as successful (at least early career) if Senna hadn’t been killed. Knowing what we know now, Senna would have been strong in the Williams in 94-96.

stk0308 likes this.
  20. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Maybe, but Schumi did win the first two races of the year against Senna.

Edit: ‘94 that is.