1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

VFR#52 likes this.
  2. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Oof. Sounds like there's going to be a lot of back-to-back weekends. I wonder if they'll try to compress the weekends to ease the load on travel. No Friday practice and instead practice on Saturday with quali and race on Sunday?

3. DrA5

scottn likes this.
  4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Vettel is out at Ferrari at the end of this season! Going to be some tense races this year between him and Leclerc now.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I saw that earlier this morning and thought I was reading a joke website. That's some crazy shit.

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

So Lewis is in then?

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

He has never really came across as being interested in racing for the red team.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  8. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Already rumors that Sainz is signed.

9. DrA5

I have heard everyone from Danny Ric, to Sainz, to Mick Schumacher, to bringing back Kimi, to Lewis completing what he feels is his mission to bring the team back to its Schumacher glory days. Its called the silly season for a reason.

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I thought there was pretty heavy talk about it over the winter, with Mercedes pulling out after this year?

I haven't kept up over the past few months, so this could have been completely fabricated by my imagination.

Chino52405 likes this.
  11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

There have been interviews where Toto says he and Lewis discussed it.

Chino52405 likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I would be shocked if there was a F1 winner in the past 30 years who could honestly say he never wanted to drive for Ferrari at some point. Lewis will be talking to them. Has anyone won the championship for 3 different brands? I'm sure he would want to take up the challenge.

13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I've just never heard him say it but then I'm not listening as much as I once did.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Nearly every interview in the past year or so it comes up. Most recent I can think of was with Sky and Martin Brundle last month. Lewis said he was more interested in the post racing career with Mercedes becoming carbon neutral and being a part of that.Which i believe seeing as he is trippy dippy vegan hippy.

But that was before the Vettel news. In other interviews he and Toto said they have discussed Ferrari as a team move where they both go together. What I've never heard either of them say is nope.

16. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

Fangio
    Alfa, Merc, Maserati and Ferrari
    Ancient history, but still

stk0308 and VFR#52 like this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You can't go more ancient than that. :D
    Anyway, separating himself from the guys who have done it with two brands might be a motivator.

18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I'm betting vettle goes to Merc.
    With Lewis at first and Sainz goes to Ferrari.
    Also Alonso goes back to Renault next year.

19. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

It's been un-officially confirmed Sainz to the red team

20. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I think the multiple brands might be more of a motivator after he's broken or tied the rest of Schumi's records.